- - - - -

How does one get a job in the Medical Marijuana field?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 420trainwreck

420trainwreck

Hempress of the WT Cosmos

• Patients
  • 195 posts
  • State:CA

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:30 AM

Advertisement:
Forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong place but I don't really no where else to go here to get any answers.

Unfortunately, I've been unemployed for over a year now and due to this terrible conomy I have been unable to find suitable work in my field as a Secretary/Administrative Assistant. I have over 15 years experience with outstanding references but finding work in my field has been literally impossble.

While I haven't given up by any means, I'm seriously looking for other avenues of opportunity in something I know I'd be really great at.

Because I've been a strong medical marijuana advocate for 25 years, am compassionate to the cause, trustworthy, harworking and knowledgeable, I think It would be a great opportunity for me to work in a co-op where I feel I would also be a definite asset as well.

I'd love to hear from my fellow Wt'ers that work for co-op's on how they got into the biz and any advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you so much in advance!:hippie:
Posted Image

#2 Guest_Eazy_*

Guest_Eazy_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:37 PM

420trainwreck said:

Forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong place but I don't really no where else to go here to get any answers.

Unfortunately, I've been unemployed for over a year now and due to this terrible conomy I have been unable to find suitable work in my field as a Secretary/Administrative Assistant. I have over 15 years experience with outstanding references but finding work in my field has been literally impossble.

While I haven't given up by any means, I'm seriously looking for other avenues of opportunity in something I know I'd be really great at.

Because I've been a strong medical marijuana advocate for 25 years, am compassionate to the cause, trustworthy, harworking and knowledgeable, I think It would be a great opportunity for me to work in a co-op where I feel I would also be a definite asset as well.

I'd love to hear from my fellow Wt'ers that work for co-op's on how they got into the biz and any advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you so much in advance!:hippie:

Go visit a bunch of dispensaries and get to know them, let them know what your situation and background and goals are!

Just make sure if a place hires you, they are thoroughly legit or you could find yourself in a heap o' stress.

Good luck!

#3 420trainwreck

420trainwreck

Hempress of the WT Cosmos

• Patients
  • 195 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:56 AM

Well, to begin with, I have over 15 years experience running the offices of very large corporations in everything from the construction field to the entertainment biz as well as excellent customer service skills and back in the day, before all this I worked in retail management where I ran a local head shop selling bongs & pipes, scales and vaporizers for quite a few years.

I made a lot of connections back then and that is when I became an avid medical marijuana advocate and joined with every group I could to further the cause I believe in.

I feel I could be a definite asset to any co-op or medical marijuana organization wether it's on the front lines or behind the scenes. I would be great at it given a chance!

nigel said:

To begin with, perhaps you could tell us in more detail the kind of duties you performed in your previous employment, and how you feel they could benefit a collective.

Do you want to perform administrative work, or would you prefer to be on the "front lines" as a budtendress..

Also, why just limit yourself to the retail collectives out there. There are other aspects of the mmj business that are behind the scenes. Perhaps there is a grower or someone out there who needs assistance. Maybe you could make an appeal to them.

So, tell us more, eh?

Posted Image

#4 In_Hollywood

In_Hollywood

=Judy=

• Patients
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:45 PM

I think many are going to Oaksterdam University (L.A. & Oakland) to learn more about the MMJ business, MMJ, & MMJ community - then get into a club.  Perhaps, some people just Volunteer at a club, before getting hired?  =Judy=
Posted via Mobile Device

#5 I Love Pot420

I Love Pot420

FINDING THE BEST IN THE WEST

• Patients
  • 460 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:14 PM

In_Hollywood said:

I think many are going to Oaksterdam University (L.A. & Oakland) to learn more about the MMJ business, MMJ, & MMJ community - then get into a club.  Perhaps, some people just Volunteer at a club, before getting hired?  =Judy=
Posted via Mobile Device

Like she said:love:.  Oaksterdam is a great way to get involved with people who have the same goals as you, as well as everything you need to know about running your own co-op.  If you are as serious as you sound about a jon in the mmj field, oaksterdam is the place for you!:thumb:  I really want to take some classes there myself but the commute is just too much.  Hope this helps!:hippie:

#6 solvall

solvall

Hi, Im New!

• Vendors
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • State:ca

Posted 25 May 2009 - 12:21 AM

yup oaksterdam has what your looking for or just ask around at despenceries c if u get lucky

guest / banned