• 22 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:38 AM

Advertisement:
deleted

#2 Guest_lil_missy74_*

Guest_lil_missy74_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:50 AM

are you kidding me? i've tried to smoke it many times and <b>NEVER</b> even get a buzz from it and it tastes HORRIBLE (check spelling), i would rather smoke resin.....i can't imagine anyone being able to make anything edible from it....i'm really curious to see if anyone has any good answers to this one:flypig:

#3 resipsa

resipsa

Proud Member of Nature's Natural Cooperative Care

• Collectives
  • 1,337 posts
  • State:CA

Posted 08 November 2006 - 10:50 AM

Look, at some point even the best medicine is done, and should be laid to rest. Maybe the best thing to do is simply dispose of it in a manner that won't allow animals or small children to get into it.

#4 koolkid22

koolkid22

soil expert

• Patients
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 12:00 PM

ya vaped buds are dead, like lilmissy i've tried to roll joints with vaped bud, and you get no buzz, only a headache and it smells bad.  Just throw it away mi amigo..

#5 eyecheewawa

eyecheewawa

SMOTU

• Patients
  • 246 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 12:52 PM

Sorry to differ - but I save my vaped weed and make ISO Oil with it. Two batches now, and it makes for good night time med before bed. In fact, one day just to make sure - I smoked the oil before anything else and got couch locked. I have seen others also say they have had good results making ISO Oil with vaped weed.

SMOTU
MAKE A DIFFERENCE - MAKE A DONATION

Americans for Safe Access

Marijuana Policy Project

#6 Guest_Anheuser Kush_*

Guest_Anheuser Kush_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2006 - 01:23 PM

you'll have to bear with me on spelling but it seems to me that since hot air has already traveled over and vaporized the thc, that the remaining material that would be picked up buy a honey oil wash would be more like a resin. after the thc is exposed to a temp that would vape it, it degrades pretty quick. if you want to use it for something useful still it makes for nice compost.

#7 turtle

turtle

MMJ Activist

• Patients
  • 568 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 12:35 AM

It does make good oil...
There are many recipes on the treating yourself forum.
Just Grow It!!!

#8 eyecannon

eyecannon

Hi, Im New!

• Patients
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:22 AM

You can make iso hash or butane honey oil from it with decent results.  Vaping weed tends to not get all of the THC out, but making BHO will!

#9 doubleG

doubleG

New, Im High

• Patients
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:37 AM

The red worms in my compost bin really like it.  Iíve looked at the leftovers under a microscope and did not see any trich heads left.

Those that make oil from it, what setting are you vaping at ?

dblG

#10 gordonliu

gordonliu

R or S

• Patients
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 03:42 PM

not all of the thc is concentrated in the trichomes (certainly a very high percentage, but not nearly 100%) so you extract the thc that is more tightly bound in the actual cellulose of the plant.  also trichome stalks and the the empty "shell" of the trichomes contain trace amounts of thc.  some of the other milder psychoactives and even cbd are in a higher relative concentration in vaped weed (by that i mean that the vaporizing removes a very large majority of the thc, so what is left has a higher relative amount of cbn/cbd:thc than did the starting material) and there were many threads on OG discussing the possibilty that those chemicals are the main cause for the sedative effects of the vaped oil compared with bho or qwiso made from "fresh" cannabis.

in my experience, very very good iso oil can be made from vaped cannabis.  like solid clear red oil (i do use a quick wash method with washed activated carbon, however)

#11 Solidly-here

Solidly-here

I am Here

• Patients
  • 387 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 09:56 PM

Wizz wonders: "What to do with left-overs from Vaping?"

The easiest thing to do is: Throw them away.

The next-easiest thing to do is: Extract the THC and Cannabinoids in it.

The hardest thing to do is: Add-back THC to them, and create new Buds.

Just remember, if you're NOT a Med Pot patient, and you throw-away your vap-remains, make sure that it's in less-than-an-Ounce quantities. Even then, it would be funny to get a Pot-ticket for "dead" Pot.

#12 Balu420

Balu420

New? I'm High!!!

• Patients
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • State:ca

Posted 27 December 2006 - 01:19 PM

That would suck royaly!!!

#13 resipsa

resipsa

Proud Member of Nature's Natural Cooperative Care

• Collectives
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 11:03 AM

Solidly-here said:

Wizz wonders: "What to do with left-overs from Vaping?"

The easiest thing to do is: Throw them away.

The next-easiest thing to do is: Extract the THC and Cannabinoids in it.

The hardest thing to do is: Add-back THC to them, and create new Buds.

Just remember, if you're NOT a Med Pot patient, and you throw-away your vap-remains, make sure that it's in less-than-an-Ounce quantities. Even then, it would be funny to get a Pot-ticket for "dead" Pot.

If it's dead pot, has nothing in it that is schedule 1 material, is it pot? If it's not pot how would you prove this?

#14 Solidly-here

Solidly-here

I am Here

• Patients
  • 387 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 05:13 PM

Resipsa has a Good question: "If it's [1] dead pot, [and 2] has nothing in it that is schedule 1 material, is it [3] pot?"

NO ... but YES (in this instance).

If you Alcohol-extract an Ounce of Pot, what's left is THC-less flowertops.
This stuff would not be illegal to possess (or rather, a Judge would dismiss the case if it came before him).
NO THC = NO Crime. This would be like a person having some Hemp (it's the same, but different ... No THC).

But, Vap-remains DO have THC in them. So EVEN IF the Pot only had 1% THC in it, this is Illegal.
Some THC = a Crime. If you throw this stuff away, it's a potential problem.

So, if you're gonna throw away Vap-remains, just make sure that you extract them first (by Alcohol, or Butane, or even CannaButter). But to be completely safe, flush them away ... even after extracting.

Bonus Edit: "If it's not pot how would you prove this?"

I do not need to prove it isn't Pot ... the DA needs to prove that it IS Pot.

If a person is charged with possession of Marijuana, the Police need to do a Lab test.
If the test comes up with NO THC, then the DA won't have much evidence to present to the Jury.

I can hear the DA's argument: "Well, members of the Jury, this man is charged with Illegal possession of Marijuana. Please ignore the Lab test which shows that this yellow-brownish material is THC-free. Just look at the Defendant ... he looks just like a Pot-head. So, find him Guilt as charged."

Let's see . . .
1) It's NOT Green.
2) It doesn't smell anything like Pot.
3) It's broken-up, so it doesn't look like a flowertop.
4) It ain't got any THC in it.

Any Defendant will walk.

guest / banned