#1 katzore

katzore

wants a good time

• Patients
  • 475 posts
  • State:CA

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:55 AM

Advertisement:
Just curious..i've never cooked with cannabutter.. but i'm wondering if you can actually medicate with it as if it were butter....

like if i smear the cannabutter onto a piece of toast, will i be medicated? or does it have to cook?

#2 jayaregee

jayaregee

this is the G-child, space cadet.........

• Patients
  • 396 posts
  • State:ca
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:No

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:02 AM

katzore said:

Just curious..i've never cooked with cannabutter.. but i'm wondering if you can actually medicate with it as if it were butter....

like if i smear the cannabutter onto a piece of toast, will i be medicated? or does it have to cook?

YES you can. and let me tell ya, if you aint gotta work that day, make some eggs with it too... mmmmmmmmm damn you got me hungry now man.....

but yeah the cannabutter is only cannabutter cuz its been infused. some people who can stand the taste acctually will eat it by the spoonful

#3 KushMeister

KushMeister

Terminally Chill

• Collectives
  • 4,801 posts
  • Patient:Yes
  • Vendor:Yes
  • Collective or Dispensary:Yes

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:33 AM

Yes, you can certainly spread it on toast, and it will absolutely be effective....

But, uhh....Yuck!!!!  :twitch:

Hey, Don't Blame Me...

I Voted YES On 19!

#4 katzore

katzore

wants a good time

• Patients
  • 475 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:44 PM

AWESOME! how much of cannabutter would be necessary!? like a TBLS or tsp?  if i can medicate with cannabutter on toast every morning, my lungs will be veryyyyy greatful and it would make life that much easier.

#5 tokidoke

tokidoke

Hi, Im New!

• Vendors
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:50 PM

katzore said:

AWESOME! how much of cannabutter would be necessary!? like a TBLS or tsp?  if i can medicate with cannabutter on toast every morning, my lungs will be veryyyyy greatful and it would make life that much easier.

I got the same question, whats a normal dosage?
:censored:

#6 jayaregee

jayaregee

this is the G-child, space cadet.........

• Patients
  • 396 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:00 PM

it kinda depends on the potency. so far i have made 4 batches and each one was different. if your buying the cannabutter see if you can find out how strong it is = how much plant matter to how much butter used.

I'd say just experement (spelled right?) with like half a table spoon n see how you feel. and adjust your dosage from there. i have had some butter made so strong that 2 small cookies had me on my butt all night and some not so strong where it took 7 or 8 cookies of the same size to get the effect. there is a science to it but there are so many variables involved its almost impossible to predict its potency..... i hope that kinda helps

peace

J

#7 Guest_Eazy_*

Guest_Eazy_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:02 PM

tokidoke said:

I got the same question, whats a normal dosage?

It all depends upon the quality of the butter.  Some butter, a half teaspoon will do the job, some butter, it takes tablespoons to get an effect.  Some butter don't work for some people cuz it's too weak.

Generally, 1/2 gram of top-shelf bud will sedate most people and it takes at least a gram of bud shake or 4 grams of trim to get the same effect providing there's THC in the trim, shake, bud.

#8 msjudged_1

msjudged_1

Hi, Im New!

• Patients
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Patient:Yes

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:46 PM

mmmm... CannaButter!

#9 sconaway

sconaway

Hi, Im New!

• Patients
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 09:36 PM

I've been researching cannabutter online for a few days and would be interested in anyone's recipe.  I'm accumulating leaf from my female plants and while smoking it isn't feasible, I thought cannabutter might be the way to use all the plant.  I've seen some recipes and not sure about the best/easiest way to make it.  for instance is it better to mix the butter in water and simmer it down or is using a double boiler the way to go?

#10 DasLouiS

DasLouiS

WT Regular

• Patients
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:01 PM

sconaway said:

I've been researching cannabutter online for a few days and would be interested in anyone's recipe.  I'm accumulating leaf from my female plants and while smoking it isn't feasible, I thought cannabutter might be the way to use all the plant.  I've seen some recipes and not sure about the best/easiest way to make it.  for instance is it better to mix the butter in water and simmer it down or is using a double boiler the way to go?
Bust out your crock pot and put whole milk/ butter/oil.
With whole mile you can make icecream
Butter you can make canna ghee, its best if you get ghee instead like @ a wholefoods.
Oil . You could cook with it. Or use vinagrettes. You know.
Posted via Mobile Device

guest / banned