#1 Juba

Juba

Another day ☼ ● ☼ ● ☼ Another mig

• Patients
  • 355 posts
  • State:CA

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:14 PM

Advertisement:
As the title says, what's the best way to store hash from 3-6 months? The Freezer? Refrigerator? Cool, dark place? Should I dry it as much as possible first?

Would the method be any different if the time frame was more than 1 year?

:smokin:

#2 OGUNIT

OGUNIT

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,354 posts
  • State:ca

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:51 PM

Juba said:

As the title says, what's the best way to store hash from 3-6 months? The Freezer? Refrigerator? Cool, dark place? Should I dry it as much as possible first?

Would the method be any different if the time frame was more than 1 year?

if  I say something some person will disagree of course ! :doh: which is fine :angel:

freezer works very well . and u can use a  food safe desiccant to absorb any moisture which will degrade your hash over time . Just make sure its very dry your hash before storage .freezer way over the fridge . mold ,mildew CAN grow in the fridge ...

Edited by OGUNIT, 24 March 2009 - 09:55 PM.

#3 Juba

Juba

• Patients
  • 355 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:21 PM

OGUNIT said:

if  I say something some person will disagree of course ! :doh: which is fine :angel:

freezer works very well . and u can use a  food safe desiccant to absorb any moisture which will degrade your hash over time . Just make sure its very dry your hash before storage .freezer way over the fridge . mold ,mildew CAN grow in the fridge ...

Thanks for your help. I was a bit worried that the freezer might actually do some damage. I read that on some other board and it didn't sound right. I just wanted to make sure.

#4 clinton

clinton

WT Advanced Member

• Patients
  • 426 posts
  • State:or

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:53 PM

You may store in my pipe, but it may not last very long. LOL

HASH is resin - it will not absorb water, but air is bad and light. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, then wrap with aluminum foil. Store in a cool area of constant temperature - it can last years. Roll it into a ball to minimize surface area to mass ratio.

clinton
Learn self sufficiency here: http://FreeMyGreen.com/bbs

#5 colorado-CHRONIX

colorado-CHRONIX

Co-Op and Referral Clinic Owner

• Collectives
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • State:CO

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:17 PM

Make sure hash is dry before storing. Moist hash contracts fungus easily and decomposes quickly. Decomposition decreases THC levels. If you make hash using Ice and water, make sure to dry WELL dry by pressing the water hash into a flat pancake that has much surface area, leave it out in an arid room for a couple days to dry completely,  cover it with a papertowel so dust does not contaminate it. If you made hash with a dry method such as sieving, you should not have to take any extra precautions before storing unless working in a humid climate.
A GREAT way to store high quality water hash is to put it into a glass tube. This way all the resin stays in tact until it is consumed. Upon smoking press it a little so that it burns evenly.
Store in a cool, dark, dry place. Keep in an airtight container with a packet of silica crystals. You can also put the hash in the freezer for long term storage. Hope this helps you!

Peace and Blessings!
Peace and Blessings of health and higher vibration thru burnt offerings of kine sacrament, the Holy Healing MotherPlant.

Doc and Laura
www.colorado-CHRONIX.com
Owners/Founders

#6 Bree

Bree

Hi, Im New!

• Patients
  • 7 posts
  • State:CO

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:43 AM

Have researched and read many studies.

-Cold as possible. Slows all chemical processes period.
-sealed tightly after outer layer glazed with iron and cellophane
-air tight container and if possible blow out O2 with nitrogen gas, or other non-O2 to reduce oxidization.
-light poof container is a must.

store each amount you will remove seperately so as not to disturb and disrupt other portions.

Peace

#7 Juba

Juba

• Patients
  • 355 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:20 PM

Bree said:

Have researched and read many studies.

-Cold as possible. Slows all chemical processes period.
-sealed tightly after outer layer glazed with iron and cellophane
-air tight container and if possible blow out O2 with nitrogen gas, or other non-O2 to reduce oxidization.
-light poof container is a must.

store each amount you will remove seperately so as not to disturb and disrupt other portions.

Peace

Thanks to you, Bree and everyone else who responded.

I'm going to take great care because this stuff is like money in the bank. :love:

#8 OnlyHighGrade

OnlyHighGrade

WT Advanced Member

• Patients
  • 521 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:52 PM

Wet hash? Wet hash is bad hash. If your hash is wet, I wouldn't be smoking it let alone trying to store it. I also definitely wouldn't be pressing  the hash to dry it. You basically  you just mash the water into the trichomes and make it basically impossible for it to ever dry properly. Gently pulling it from the bags and lightly laying it out works better IMHO. Try to gently disperse it and leave it in a undisturbed room with around 60% humidity for at least 48 hours, depending on yield/strain.

I've definitely seen mold grow in the freezer. I assume freeze it if you wanted to keep it for literally years.

As far as 6 months- 1 year I have hash and flowers that are much older than that and are just as good if not better than the day I got them. As far as I'm concerned light is the only thing I'm really worried about when it comes to hash. I just put it in a cool dry place in an airtight/lightproof container.

Hope this helps....
Legalize it, stop fertilize it....

#9 Endear

Endear

Dragon Breath!

• Patients
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:51 PM

im definantly going to say the best way to store it is in your lungs :thumb:

#10 Jebediah.Ruckus

Jebediah.Ruckus

Massaging in Oil

• Patients
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:57 PM

Endear said:

im definantly going to say the best way to store it is in your lungs :thumb:

At least you always know where it is!

#11 custom

custom

Photo (Grapher)

• Patients
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:59 PM

freeze or fridge

:hippie:

#12 mooniegoogoo

mooniegoogoo

Killing pain as we speak

• Patients
  • 5,531 posts
  • Patient:Yes
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:No

Posted 12 September 2009 - 06:47 AM

OnlyHighGrade said:

Wet hash? Wet hash is bad hash. If your hash is wet, I wouldn't be smoking it let alone trying to store it. I also definitely wouldn't be pressing  the hash to dry it. You basically  you just mash the water into the trichomes and make it basically impossible for it to ever dry properly. Gently pulling it from the bags and lightly laying it out works better IMHO. Try to gently disperse it and leave it in a undisturbed room with around 60% humidity for at least 48 hours, depending on yield/strain.

I've definitely seen mold grow in the freezer. I assume freeze it if you wanted to keep it for literally years.

As far as 6 months- 1 year I have hash and flowers that are much older than that and are just as good if not better than the day I got them. As far as I'm concerned light is the only thing I'm really worried about when it comes to hash. I just put it in a cool dry place in an airtight/lightproof container.

Hope this helps....

Weird, I have never seen mold in a freezer. How cold were you keeping your settings?
I'm on vacation. leave a message after the beep...........................beep

guest / banned