Jump to content


- - - - -

hash oil recipe?


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 smokealotofdank

smokealotofdank

    High, Im New!

  • Patients
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:10 AM

Advertisement:
Anyone have a recipe for hash oil?

Also someone once said hash oil processes are problmatic... is that true?

Any & All info on this subject are welcome thanxxx

#2 Guest_Chris35_*

Guest_Chris35_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:18 AM

There are a couple different ways to make hashhoney oil. Most of the time it is extracted using the butane gas method which can become problematic if you do not know what you are doing. The other way and is posted here is the ISO oil extraction method which uses isopropyl alchohol to extract the oil. Here is the link on this way for you to view.

http://weedtracker.c...read.php?t=3069

#3 eyecheewawa

eyecheewawa

    SMOTU

  • Patients
  • 246 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:25 AM

The ISO OIL process is pretty simple. I just made my second batch using the ISO OIL thread on WT. Also, this last batch was made with Vape Poo and it is still good. Maybe I didnt Vape it well enough...LOL
MAKE A DIFFERENCE - MAKE A DONATION

Americans for Safe Access

Marijuana Policy Project

#4 smokealotofdank

smokealotofdank

    High, Im New!

  • Patients
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:31 AM

lol thanx guys :)

#5 smokealotofdank

smokealotofdank

    High, Im New!

  • Patients
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:32 AM

ohhh another question this is the cooking type of hash oil?????

#6 Pakalolo Treats

Pakalolo Treats

    WT Regular

  • Patients
  • 233 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:03 AM

smokealotofdank said:

ohhh another question this is the cooking type of hash oil?????

Dr. Katz's recipie clearly states using ISO alcohol, not oil... this is how you make Goo I thought, the fact that it's a resin at the end is why it's being called Oil, you're talking about making a fat extracted item for cooking, this recipie utilizes the alcohol extracting method and the final product contains no alcohol, as it is burned off... You seem to be looking for something that is oil based, just cook your materials in REGULAR olive oil, not EVOO (I don't want to have to explain why, but ask if you wanna know) or Veg oil, or really any oil, just not a delecate oil like EVOO, avo or grapeseed oil could be fun, but i preferr the taste of olive over them


keep em lit,

PT
keep it lit

#7 eyecheewawa

eyecheewawa

    SMOTU

  • Patients
  • 246 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:07 AM

Pakalolo Treats said:

Dr. Katz's recipie clearly states using ISO alcohol, not oil... this is how you make Goo I thought, not hash oil... am i wrong?

Called ISO OIL because it's made with Iso Alcohol. But it is hash oil. Im not sure where the name "Goo" came from or if it is something different than hash oil. The batch I made 2 days ago is a nice golden color, smells like the sweet oil in my vape tube, and does the job at nite before bed.

PEACE
MAKE A DIFFERENCE - MAKE A DONATION

Americans for Safe Access

Marijuana Policy Project

#8 Pakalolo Treats

Pakalolo Treats

    WT Regular

  • Patients
  • 233 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:54 AM

eyecheewawa said:

Called ISO OIL because it's made with Iso Alcohol. But it is hash oil. Im not sure where the name "Goo" came from or if it is something different than hash oil. The batch I made 2 days ago is a nice golden color, smells like the sweet oil in my vape tube, and does the job at nite before bed.

PEACE

I'm sure the term Goo came about when ideas like ISO "oil" came about, isn't original hash oil done in a less Methamphetamine-esque way? What you describe as golden color and sweet smelling sounds to me like what shops are calling Goo... me no know, i only cook and smoke the stuff
keep it lit

#9 Guest_Chris35_*

Guest_Chris35_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:59 AM

Pakalolo Treats said:

I'm sure the term Goo came about when ideas like ISO "oil" came about, isn't original hash oil done in a less Methamphetamine-esque way? What you describe as golden color and sweet smelling sounds to me like what shops are calling Goo... me no know, i only cook and smoke the stuff

The only other method I have heard of for extracting honey oil is to use the butane method where you are putting the herb in a PVC tube and ingecting it with a can of butane, pretty much means you have a nice little bomb until the butane runs its course. IMO the ISO method would be a little bit of a safer method but both methods definately cause for some serious caution as you dont want anything blowing up on you.

#10 Pakalolo Treats

Pakalolo Treats

    WT Regular

  • Patients
  • 233 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 12:26 PM

Chris35 said:

The only other method I have heard of for extracting honey oil is to use the butane method where you are putting the herb in a PVC tube and ingecting it with a can of butane, pretty much means you have a nice little bomb until the butane runs its course. IMO the ISO method would be a little bit of a safer method but both methods definately cause for some serious caution as you dont want anything blowing up on you.

yea word, I think what I'll do is just let the clubs do the dangerous part, i'm down for the consumption of it though

PT
keep it lit

#11 Guest_Jackie Papers_*

Guest_Jackie Papers_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2006 - 12:35 PM

Chris35 said:

The only other method I have heard of for extracting honey oil is to use the butane method where you are putting the herb in a PVC tube and ingecting it with a can of butane, pretty much means you have a nice little bomb until the butane runs its course. IMO the ISO method would be a little bit of a safer method but both methods definately cause for some serious caution as you dont want anything blowing up on you.

PVC is highly carcinogenic.
Definitely stay away from the "Buzz tubes" made from PVC.

#12 Guest_uknowzoo_*

Guest_uknowzoo_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2006 - 07:17 PM

eyecheewawa said:

Called ISO OIL because it's made with Iso Alcohol. But it is hash oil. Im not sure where the name "Goo" came from or if it is something different than hash oil. The batch I made 2 days ago is a nice golden color, smells like the sweet oil in my vape tube, and does the job at nite before bed.

PEACE
Actually, traditionally goo is a butane extract and it comes from the gooey form it takes when not processed and cured right.  ISO oil becomes an oil after the alcohol is burned off and the thc and extract materiel is left.  this material is an oily substance after being heated in the solvent of the alcohol.  The alcohol is a vehicle to extract the thc from the plant but should be all cooked off...leaving behing this oily substance.  This substance can then be cut with an oil if desired, but cannaoil is not hash oil by far.

#13 stealthchick

stealthchick

    WT Regular

  • Patients
  • 328 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 07:30 PM

OK, but could I just infuse some olive oil (not evoo, heavan forbid, PT, what would Rachael Ray think?  LOL)  with ground up pot in a crock pot for 4 hours, like you would butter?  Isn't that similar?

You know, now that I think about it, I have no place to talk about this, because I don't know what hash oil is.  I've never had any and just assumed that it was oil infused with hash, but WTF do I know?  

So sorry.  But could I do that with oil?  For eating?  And could I smoke it, too?  If I made it really really concentrated?  Would it combust in my face?





I've pinpointed this rash of questioning to the MK Ultra from TKC.  That is definately the cause.  

Anyway, thanks for answering my questions!  Tomorrow is try my hand at edible day!

#14 Guest_uknowzoo_*

Guest_uknowzoo_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2006 - 07:33 PM

It depends on if you want to smoke or consume the final product. Hash oil is traditionally smoked in the forms I spoke of.  Making a cannaoil is always killer and more healthy than butter, but alot of the content is plain oil when finished.  The alcohol and butane are mostly gone from the final oil product when using chemical extraction methods. much like the water is evaporated (usually, if cured right) from water press hash.  What is left is concentrated plant material and hopefully mostly THC.

#15 stealthchick

stealthchick

    WT Regular

  • Patients
  • 328 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:12 PM

Thanks, Zoo, that was clear!  Now I understand the difference and wont be so stupid the next time I go looking for cannaoil and ask for hash oil!

#16 Pakalolo Treats

Pakalolo Treats

    WT Regular

  • Patients
  • 233 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 08:42 AM

stealthchick said:

OK, but could I just infuse some olive oil (not evoo, heavan forbid, PT, what would Rachael Ray think?  LOL)  with ground up pot in a crock pot for 4 hours, like you would butter?  Isn't that similar?

You know, now that I think about it, I have no place to talk about this, because I don't know what hash oil is.  I've never had any and just assumed that it was oil infused with hash, but WTF do I know?  

So sorry.  But could I do that with oil?  For eating?  And could I smoke it, too?  If I made it really really concentrated?  Would it combust in my face?





I've pinpointed this rash of questioning to the MK Ultra from TKC.  That is definately the cause.  

Anyway, thanks for answering my questions!  Tomorrow is try my hand at edible day!


hahah you're right about the EVOO, the more delecate the flavors in the oil the more expensive... you make canna oil with long slow and low heat, thus killing all delecate flavors and wasting your money, so yes, no usin the EVOO just reg OO or Veg Oil... as far as canna oil, you're right about how to make it, just follow the same idea behind cannabutter, there's no difference it's just a different kind of fat 'sall.

Hash oil is what happens when you extract all THC from material and remove any liquid from the product (such as the water in the ISO ALCOHOL)... what's left is what zoo was talkin about, concentrated plant material and pretty much all the THC the 90-99% alcohol could remove from the plants.

think of it like this, if you made cannabutter and there was some sorta amazing way to remove most of the fat and leave the residual THC you'd have the same sorta product


take it easy, i'm off to work,


PT
keep it lit

#17 smokealotofdank

smokealotofdank

    High, Im New!

  • Patients
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 02:58 PM

this question is for pakalolo...

people in co-ops talk of candy companys using hash oil in there treats? wtf are they talking about its seems no one knows how 2 make or anything really about it, except a name (hash oil)??? i've heard... bliss & tainted extra strength bars use hash oil & a couple other companys?

if anyone else knows please inform me...

#18 Guest_uknowzoo_*

Guest_uknowzoo_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2006 - 10:58 PM

What is up with the extra strength?




guest / banned