#1 OGUNIT

OGUNIT

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,354 posts
  • State:ca

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:03 PM

Advertisement:
I have allot of anxiety along with bipolar . I was just prescribed Xanax , Is this ok to take with mmj ? Will the effect of the mmj still be ok ? Anyone ...:hippie:

#2 kennabis

kennabis

*son of the sun*

• Patients
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 07:45 AM

**warning "coal tar" based pharmaceuticals are bad for your overall health..!!!**

this has been a warning from a fellow biped....

:drums:

#3 PFB1500

PFB1500

Always Willing To Help

• Patients
  • 1,181 posts
  • State:CA
  • Patient:Yes
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:No

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:31 AM

Xanax can be very, very bad news. I am sure it can help but the negatives outweigh the positves for me. Stick with MMJ in my opinion.

#4 Guest_STEVE-O_*

Guest_STEVE-O_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:44 AM

Careful Bro, they can become highly addictive !! Just my 2 cents- PEACE

STEVE-O

#5 Ff99l1

Ff99l1

WT Advanced Member

• Patients
  • 817 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:21 AM

Take them and dump them it's taken me two years, YES that's Two Years to ween off them. Good luck.

#6 endlesssky

endlesssky

WT Advanced Member

• Patients
  • 763 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:38 AM

i had a very good friend who takes that, and man i hate it when she takes it she can't even talk or keep in the conversation, and just nods like a herion addict and she won't stop and she is in the worst deni i have even seen and i am so worried about her, she is on fenynal 200 mico and the Zanax and norco and mmj  and she is so bloated up, i have tried to talk to her but her dni is very painfull to tolarate and she used to be a drug and alcohol counsler, and now she blind as a bat, everytime they talk about lowering her fenynal she  goe's into this huge panic attack . it look real as can be to me . i just wish i could help her, it's just so addicting that Zanax is very dangerous and something to really think about  and get alot of knowalge about it and you'll make a good call for youself, just be sure you know what you are getting into, get all te side effects as sometime 's the DR don't tell you all of them, in their oun words, [their's just not enough time]., good luck to you, be carefull  Endlesssky and rn4mmj:tortue-musique::punkrock::partysmile:
endlesssky/RN4mmj
" life is what you make of it my friend. If it doesn't fit you must make alterations"  anon

#7 silvercloud

silvercloud

all clouds have silver linings

• Patients
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:42 AM

Good advice:smile2:given across the board ; being a manic insomniac from day one ,hav tried most all of them ,all BS ... as soon as ya find something that fits/seems comfortable ,sooner than later 'tolerance' comes a knockin' ... for past 8 yrs hav gone 'organic' ,KAVAKAVA(capsules) ,99% grown Vanuatu Islands ,S Pacific ... under MD's *consent ,w/MODERATION ,can become your **'friend' too:thumb: ... that is all .....

psst* ... quarterly 'liver' monitoring(bloodtest) recommended
psst** ... indicated for anxiety ,sedation ,sleep according to dosage ... try to keep it down to 120 Kaps(stndrdzd)/month

Edited by silvercloud, 24 October 2008 - 09:46 AM.

Try to keep an open:1eye:"3rdEye" wherever ,whenever .....

"If time doesn't wait  ,why wait on time" ... ?/? .....

#8 imachroniac

imachroniac

Hi, Im New!

• Patients
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 11:09 AM

hmmm . xanax & weed is one of my favv things acutally. i sey go for it . it totally intensifies yaa high . i love it clearly.

#9 OGUNIT

OGUNIT

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 11:35 AM

Im not trying to intesify anything .. Thats not good. Im trying to get better and finally deal with my mental health . I also take lithium for my mood swings with bi=polar and it works , but im nervous and and my anxiety nervous are bad. I get sweaty palms and antsy and nervous . I just took one 0.25 mg of xanax so I hope it does not take away the feeling I get when I medicate . I dont drink or smoke cigs. I only smoked mmj until a month  ago I  got my script for lithium . My life was barley hanging on before lithium . Mmj kept me alive . But now id like to function in society also to my full level . Thanks for all the feedback and help .  :hippie:
Im much happier now .

#10 djandrewacosta

djandrewacosta

WT Regular

• Patients
  • 252 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 12:01 PM

OGUNIT said:

Im not trying to intesify anything .. Thats not good. Im trying to get better and finally deal with my mental health . I also take lithium for my mood swings with bi=polar and it works , but im nervous and and my anxiety nervous are bad. I get sweaty palms and antsy and nervous . I just took one 0.25 mg of xanax so I hope it does not take away the feeling I get when I medicate . I dont drink or smoke cigs. I only smoked mmj until a month  ago I  got my script for lithium . My life was barley hanging on before lithium . Mmj kept me alive . But now id like to function in society also to my full level . Thanks for all the feedback and help .  :hippie:
Im much happier now .

I also am prescribed xanax. I have anxiety and panic attacks just ilke u!  It doesn't take away my feeling when i medicate.  Actually makes me more relaxed as it should.  And not in a coma either...easy to maintain if u take as prescribed.  I get .5 and always just break them in half as .25 is plenty:smokin:

#11 silvercloud

silvercloud

all clouds have silver linings

• Patients
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 12:17 PM

Listen up now ,watch out w/lithium ; 'longterm' can:nono:will compromise 'kidney' function ... unfortunately ,when my bipolar was diagnosed ,'lithium' was only remedy @ the time ('83) ,sooo for 17 yrs no prob ,then BOOM ,50% kidney'function' loss > 'high' Creatnine ratio ... fortunately ,switched over to "Deprakote"('01):smile2: ,saving rest of kidneys' function (1 kidney functioning > normal life) ... now bear in mind ,only the 'manic highs' will be under control ; for the lows(depression) hav found good results w/anti-depessant Wellbutrin ER:smile2: ... ya wanna check w/doctor on possibly switching over sooner to avoid said malady(s) ... that is all .....

Edited by silvercloud, 24 October 2008 - 05:19 PM.

Try to keep an open:1eye:"3rdEye" wherever ,whenever .....

"If time doesn't wait  ,why wait on time" ... ?/? .....

#12 Guest_senorlou_*

Guest_senorlou_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:26 PM

Hey OG Unit, I've been on Xanax for 1 & 1/2 years now.  I was on Ativan for 6 every single day (Ativan is almost the same thing).  I usually take at least 1mg or I don't feel anything at all (I have a very high tolerance).  I get it in .25 pills too, but one of those does nothing for me.  Combining Xanax with MMJ is fine as far as I know, I do it all the time.  Xanax can be extremely pleasurable, but you have to understand that it is statistically as addictive as heroin.  My advice would be that you don't take it every single day, just as you need it.  I try (I don't try all that hard) to never take more than 2x a week, and I'm only given 15 mg every six weeks or so.  At that low level, it's impossible for me to get hooked, so when I run out (which I usually do in two weeks or so) it doesn't alarm me.  It's nice to know I have that stuff when I'm loopy because it calms me right down.  Plus it helps me sleep.  If you take it every day, what will happen after about two weeks is the Xanax will basically do NOTHING for you.  You won't be feeling it anymore, and you'll take more and more and your life will be all jacked up.  The thing with Xanax is that it is has a short half-life, which affects the "rebound anxiety" level.  In other words, Xanax buzz only lasts for only about 4-8 hours (when it's approximately half as strong as when you first took it), then you need more.  Ativan's half-life is 8-16 hours.  Klonopin has a half-life of up to 36 hours, so some doctors like their patients on that or Valium, which has a half-life of up to 72 hours (!!!!) and has the fewest probability of "rebound anxiety) and is considered the best one to take if you want to quit.  It lasts forever, though, so you better like Valium if you take it.  The beauty of Xanax and Ativan is, you can take them, go to bed, and not wake up higher than a kite.  I have taken the equivalent of probably 8 mg of Xanax in one day (about 30mg of Ativan).  I didn't do that every day, but I was a fucking mess.  I've gone off benzos and on them for years now, and I know more about the withdrawals than I'd like to.  They can be horrifying.  Some folks have to go to the hospital because you can have seizures.  You feel like you're dying, which in some cases you might be.  So, now that you have it - don't fear it.  Respect it.  Xanax is not MMJ, it's far more dangerous and addictive, but it's very hard to OD on it so it's safe in that regard.  It actually seems to inhance my MMJ experience, but I'm always on edge and need to be calmed down every day.  Good luck to you, and PM me if you feel you're overwhelmed with your RX meds.  I'm no doctor, but I've got plenty of experience with anti-depressants and sedatives of all shapes and colors.  Xanax is not a bad one, just highly addictive, so be careful.  Good luck.

Edited by senorlou, 27 October 2008 - 04:28 PM.

#13 OGUNIT

OGUNIT

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:19 AM

Hello . Thanks for the info and stories . Im feeling more easy. The xanax I take is as needed  . I dont take much  only .25 mg .:hippie:

#14 hempRules

hempRules

"He who glories, let him glory in the LORD."

• Patients
  • 393 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 06:16 PM

I've thought of asking my shrink, but I'm worried about the addiction. Having cash issues and have to go without, for awhile. I went to the grocery store today, and was having a hard time dealing with all the people. I even started putting my groceries, into someone eles's cart. I heard someone make a comment, about me being loaded. The worst part is it was just the oppisate. If had my mmj I could of handled being in the store. Every time I run out I realize the benefits, of mmj. I had my shrink double my Seroqual, and I'm still having problems. Oh, by the way, Seroqual is also highly addictive, and causes weight gain and dramatically increases the chance of type 2 diabettes.
"The government continues to increase my dosage and pump me full of psych meds, but I still continue talking!!!!!!!"

:argue:

#15 surfduck420

surfduck420

mmm weed surfer

• Patients
  • 922 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 06:59 PM

imachroniac said:

hmmm . xanax & weed is one of my favv things acutally. i sey go for it . it totally intensifies yaa high . i love it clearly.

you need to get help for your issues it's not good telleing someone to medicatewith both pull it together please.:nono:

RIP CHEECH 1996-2008 WE MISS YOU WITH LOVE.

Posted Image

TRYING TO MAKE YOUR PAIN STOP SHOULD NOT BE PUNISHED BY IMPRISONMENT IN A CIVILIZED SOCIETY!!
-"FROM DSW90049 GREAT LINE"

#16 OGUNIT

OGUNIT

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 01:57 AM

as a update my dose is the same and I feel so much better along with the lithium . I dont care about the stigma .i dont abuse and i have a variety of health issues .im sorry but mmj cant fix all of mine . :wheelchair:

#17 Jah_Dankles

Jah_Dankles

Kush Konnoisseur

• Patients
  • 530 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:59 AM

OGUNIT said:

as a update my dose is the same and I feel so much better along with the lithium . I dont care about the stigma .i dont abuse and i have a variety of health issues .im sorry but mmj cant fix all of mine . :wheelchair:

I agree with you OGUnit! Yes MMJ can solve a variety of problems! But unless the Buds come from the Garden of Eden, it cant solve it all.

Also agree with the wise Kennabis, and another poster, they do affect your internal organs (i.e kidney. liver) Eventually they will harden and or shut down...So its a double edged sword if you ask me!

I was prescribed Xanax last year n half, and after reading the posts and anecdotes, everyone hit it right on the head! You take to much and your just zombie. Drooling out the side of your mouth, but like they say all things in moderation. What really sucks is for those who have ailments and injuries that are without Medical Insurance at the moment (cough Me cough) and cant afford to see a doctor reguarly and or obtain pharmacuetical medication with ease. Thats why i appreciate MMJ.

and im done rambling

Jah :Afro-Cow:
OG for Me!! Hunting for Danks !!

#18 KushMeisterGeneral

KushMeisterGeneral

I'm the General!

• Vendors
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:57 AM

I used to take xanax for the same reason it was prescribed to you, you should give it a try, the xanax should just relax you almost immediately. i'm not sure what your dosage is, but the 2mg were all I needed. i would chew one when I would have a paanic attack.

DO NOT DRIVE AFTER TAKING ONE!!

I have however learn to control my panic attacks w/o xanax WHOO- HOO!!

Good luck :)

KMG
High

#19 Smokus Cannabis

Smokus Cannabis

WT Advanced Member

• Patients
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:25 AM

OGUNIT said:

OG, there is no shame in having to take meds, go to therapy, do whatever the hell you need to do to take care of yourself.  I take two meds for my depression/ insomnia, and MJ daily, plus I take Xanax from time to time.  Whatever will keep you functioning, that is what is important.  If you're functioning - working, seeing friends, exercising, reading, cooking, doing anything - you probably aren't in a depression.  I know I can't function in one.  I take what I have to take so I can survive.  It has its side effects, but any of them beat depression any day.  Depression is the worst feeling I've ever felt, so if I gain some weight, lose interest in sex, or seem to be in a trance - like state of Zen from time to time, it's not hurting me or anyone else (I'm single).  
The only one I have to watch out for is the Xanax.  It works wonders for panic, but you don't want to ever drive on high doses of that shit.  It will also do strange things to your mood - like make you incredibly angry at little things the next day or so.  So, just be careful with that one.  I try not to keep lots of it around - my doc only gives me 15mg a month at the most.  That way, I don't get into any trouble - and you can get into some serious trouble once you're hooked on Xanax.  I've been hooked on and off (during depressions, I'll take it every day), but so long as I take it as directed, I have no probs.  It's when I don't take it as directed....:doh:

#20 MJP420

MJP420

WT Regular

• Patients
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:10 AM

I'm in the same boat as you man. I got addicted to my benzodiazepine medications long with some other nasty pain killers. If you can control the use it shouldn't be too much of a problem, I wouldn't take them together though. Best of luck man. And if you need to take them together, at worst you will get a little fucked up.

#21 SpirituallyEnlightened

SpirituallyEnlightened

WT Advanced Member

• Patients
  • 856 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:28 AM

xanax? yes pls.

#22 misleadingcolours

misleadingcolours

Tending Southern California since 2009.

• Collectives
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:17 AM

imachroniac said:

I dunno if you intended it this way, but this forum isn't here to talk about getting loaded.
:nono:

Peace,
mc

#23 sun122

sun122

'Through The Sun The Divine Being is Sent'

• Patients
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:25 PM

All benzodiazapines are garbage.  'Rufies' the date rate drug is also a benzodiazapine.  I used to take Ativan, and I also have Medi-Cal.  When I was using it I got a letter from the state claiming that benzodiazpines will no longer be paid for by the state, simply because there are better, safer alternatives.  I know the state medical board is not totally creditable, but they did decide that cannabinoids have medicinal effects.  Supposedly cannabiniods can provide many similar effects as benzos, but they are just not available as cheaply or readily as benzos are, which is just too unfortunate.  Mixing cannabis and  benzodiazpines are a BIG, BIG, BIG, no-no.  Trust me if a quack is telling you to take any, get a second opinion.  Our bodies develop very strong physical tolerances to the presence of benzos.  I know this sounds weird but, even opioids/opiates are safer in the 'long run' when compared to benzos.

#24 Smokus Cannabis

Smokus Cannabis

WT Advanced Member

• Patients
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:51 AM

sun122 said:

All benzodiazapines are garbage.  'Rufies' the date rate drug is also a benzodiazapine.  I used to take Ativan, and I also have Medi-Cal.  When I was using it I got a letter from the state claiming that benzodiazpines will no longer be paid for by the state, simply because there are better, safer alternatives.  I know the state medical board is not totally creditable, but they did decide that cannabinoids have medicinal effects.  Supposedly cannabiniods can provide many similar effects as benzos, but they are just not available as cheaply or readily as benzos are, which is just too unfortunate.  Mixing cannabis and  benzodiazpines are a BIG, BIG, BIG, no-no.  Trust me if a quack is telling you to take any, get a second opinion.  Our bodies develop very strong physical tolerances to the presence of benzos.  I know this sounds weird but, even opioids/opiates are safer in the 'long run' when compared to benzos.

Benzos are dangerous, but they kept me out of a rubber room (I went to an ER with 170 BPM and I had been sitting down for 3 hours!).  They saved my life, but they are statistically as addictive as heroin, and they will make you mean and ornery if you take them every day.  I've smoked and taken my benzos many times, and it has helped me.  Alcohol is the ultimate no-no with benzos, but personally I've smoked weed every time I take them (I smoke MMJ every night).  The main thing about benzos - do not drive on high doses and do not ever, ever, ever fall in love with them.  It's like being a junkie, for real.  I can't tell you how bad withdrawal can be.

#25 pasteisme

pasteisme

space cowboy

• Patients
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:18 PM

i would advise to stay away from benzo's.  i see this as common people using mj and taking benzos...

guest / banned