Rubbing Alcohol

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_GGBATD_*

Guest_GGBATD_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:38 AM

Advertisement:
I've seen a dispensary with some hash based  Rubbing Alohol.  Does this stuff really work if applied to your body?  I have tendonitis in my right elbow and was wondering if it would work for me.

#2 Au_Hunter

Au_Hunter

The best things in life are dirty

• Patients
  • 2,518 posts
  • State:CA

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:43 AM

GGBATD said:

I've seen a dispensary with some hash based  Rubbing Alohol.  Does this stuff really work if applied to your body?  I have tendonitis in my right elbow and was wondering if it would work for me.

No experience with that product, but I have used a Canna Balm I purchased at Kind Meds that works great.

I recently reinjured an old knee injury and used it daily for several weeks prior to diagnosis... Turns out I strained the ACL and have torn meniscus from years back, but it works for me.

Hope you find someone with experience with said topical... :hippie:
“The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves.”

#3 Guest_GGBATD_*

Guest_GGBATD_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:57 AM

Thanks, i'll keep my eyes open for something like Canna Balm too.
I think i might just try the rubbing alcohol it's only 15 for a whole bottle.
I would like to try the canna balm but i usually don't drive too far for meds, in oc.

#4 Au_Hunter

Au_Hunter

• Patients
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:24 AM

GGBATD said:

I would like to try the canna balm but i usually don't drive too far for meds, in oc.

Ouch... Ya, the milage issues.

The balm is/was $10.00 for a 1" round x 1/2" deep "lip balm" style plastic container and has lasted me a couple months, but I sure can understand that the price differential fails to reduce the travel expenses.

Perhaps a special scouting trip so you can visit a few valley locations with another from the IE/OC area... :thumb:

I know a few who do just that and make a special day of their travels, but I too would find it hard to drive my round trip for just the balm and I'm much closer...

Mother's is da best... Hey, another thought... Perhaps a more centralized coop could carry the balm for ya. :thumb:

I'll hit ya with a link to the maker...
“The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves.”

#5 Guest_GGBATD_*

Guest_GGBATD_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:36 AM

Thank you so much Au Hunter, i would pm you a thanks, but i can't yet.  
I really do want to take a trip to the Valley and IE area, hopefully i can put together a carpool or something one day.  I know it's a lot cheaper for everything else too.

thanks again

Edited by GGBATD, 20 October 2008 - 11:42 AM.

#6 Au_Hunter

Au_Hunter

• Patients
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:52 AM

GGBATD said:

Thank you so much Au Hunter, i would pm you a thanks, but i can't yet.  
I really do want to take a trip to the Valley and IE area, hopefully i can put together a carpool or something one day.  I know it's a lot cheaper for everything else too.

thanks again

Tis my pleasure... :thumb:

I understand about PM's and it won't be long before you have full privilages.

When I first became a "patient" I had many questions that others were happy to assist with, so I'm just passing along the goodness.

Wishing you much wellness, comfort and happiness,

Au :hippie:

#7 adawg

adawg

NORTH HOLLYWOOD,CA!!!

• Patients
  • 95 posts
  • State:ca

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:10 PM

I have the same problem and my wifes grandmother used to fill up a bottle with weed(bud,shake,stems) and let it sit. Then she would apply it to her body where she needed it! I don't know if it worked for her, but my wife has tried it and says it works for her. It may or my not work for you! Hope this helps you!

#8 Uncle Z

Uncle Z

Probationary WT-

• Patients
  • 8,176 posts
  • Patient:Yes
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:No

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:19 PM

If you are looking for Canna Balm and are in the Valley, Kind Meds has it and it is great.

zb1

GGBATD said:

#9 cutie77

cutie77

Smokey the Bear

• Collectives
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:19 PM

GGBATD said:

It works, but like I have told some of my pt's is to get your own rubbing acohol and soak your stems and sticks from your bud, let it sit out in the sun for a couple of days. Then shake it which it will turn green, it is okay:thumb:. And pour some onto the loaction where it hurts and it will temporaily numb the area. But don;t:nono: put to much on it, because it will be numb. I would use it at night time so my muscles will relax overnight and my body will feel better in the moring. hope this was helpful, for more info just send me a message. You don't needs to spend the extra money, when you have all the supplies.:tortue-musique:

Love and Peace to all:hippie:

Home is where the heart lies.:tortue-musique:

#10 Guest_GGBATD_*

Guest_GGBATD_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2008 - 01:45 PM

ahh nice.  Good idea, thank you that's very helpful.  I'm thinking i'd buy just one then make my own later.  I don't think i consume enough meds to make my own any time soon.

#11 delta9gamma

delta9gamma

Easing the pain 1 Chocolate bar at a time!

• Collectives
  • 858 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:40 PM

GGBATD said:

Yes it actually could work. But i think it would make your skin really dryy!!We have a Soothing Pain releiver that is Amber oil based made with 200% everclear. It contains Chamomile and Lavendar.It is a 2oz application jar. Currently being sold at NHHC in North Hollywood.

Edited by delta9gamma, 21 October 2008 - 06:15 PM.

I Love helping at Pure Doja Wellness Center

#12 BlueDreamKush

BlueDreamKush

Hmmm this must be what Heaven smells like

• Patients
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 08:52 PM

My girlfriend has been wanting to try that our now I know where to go.:tortue-musique:

#13 taipanwar

taipanwar

I'm Landscaping

• Patients
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 08:16 AM

cutie77 said:

It works, but like I have told some of my pt's is to get your own rubbing acohol and soak your stems and sticks from your bud, let it sit out in the sun for a couple of days. Then shake it which it will turn green, it is okay:thumb:. .........

Love and Peace to all:hippie:

Stress or leaves and stems after harvest is what i use. I do this for Gramps everytime when he needs more. He's over 70 still works on his farm in Mexico. He says after bathe my Grandma massages the alcohol.  It works, he comes over every year to do his taxes and goes home with 6 bottles. I tell him to cultivate his own on his farm and infuse with rubbing alcohol. He just says No.
Lates!

#14 onecrazyfoo

onecrazyfoo

WT Regular

• Patients
  • 416 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 09:14 AM

This same concept has been used for generations in many Hispanic households...my great grandmother,grandmother,and many other friends families I've known kept a marijuana infused alcohol mixture in the medicine cabinet.My great grandma used it daily for severe arthritis.It works.:thumb:

#15 OxnardKid

OxnardKid

WT Regular

• Collectives
  • 105 posts
  • Patient:Yes
  • Vendor:Yes
  • Collective or Dispensary:Yes

Posted 04 December 2008 - 10:45 AM

thanks cuttie77,

My knee has been bothering me for a while, I was intrested in using a marjuana based topical solution to numb the pain.

Does different quality herbs make a difference on strength? AND how long you soak the leaves and stems in the rubbing alcohol  make a difference too?

oxnardkid

#16 onecrazyfoo

onecrazyfoo

WT Regular

• Patients
  • 416 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:40 AM

OxnardKid said:

thanks cuttie77,

My knee has been bothering me for a while, I was intrested in using a marjuana based topical solution to numb the pain.

Does different quality herbs make a difference on strength? AND how long you soak the leaves and stems in the rubbing alcohol  make a difference too?

oxnardkid

Never noticed a difference in the quality but the alcohol should turn a green color and usually is soaked for about a week( sometimes longer).My opinion is the longer it soaks the more potent.

#17 L.A.W.

L.A.W.

Hi, Im New!

• Collectives
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:11 PM

soaked for a couple hours works fine for me. i was told by a friend about how his grandmother would put buds in a bottle of olive oil and let it sit for a couple months. she then used this mixture to rub onto all different ailments.

#18 mcheramie

mcheramie

Buzzard

• Patients
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:09 PM

It works! One of the trainers I know was using it on some of the sport horses with injuries. Than I started asking around and found it is pretty popular. Oh trust me it works wonders on your back and knees...

#19 fredperry

fredperry

the wrong side of the tracks

• Patients
  • 620 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:06 PM

ok but with theses topical products how do they compare to "Tiger Balm"?

#20 fuster

fuster

WT Regular

• Patients
  • 77 posts
  • State:ny

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:04 AM

fredperry said:

ok but with theses topical products how do they compare to "Tiger Balm"?
my massuse says tiger balm doenst work but the infussed cannabis lotions do stick with the medicane man...

guest / banned