Whats with the crackling cannabis?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_suicidebag666_*

Guest_suicidebag666_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2006 - 03:38 AM

Advertisement:
This is the third time this has happened to me now.  All 3 times were from different co ops as well.  The weed crackles when you burn it and it looks like a little freakin fireworks show in the bowl.  For example the Neon God from WHCCH did this.  does anyone know what causes this? it doesnt seem natural.

When i asked the guy at WHCCH he smiled and didnt say anything. i said "you know what im talking about then right?"  and he said "maybe" while still smiling.... shady? idunno maybe im just paranoid.

#2 Herbsman

Herbsman

Herbal Ambassador

• Vendors
  • 222 posts
  • State:CA

Posted 20 July 2006 - 03:48 AM

It's some sort of Ph/nutrient deficiency, in addition to the herb probably not being flushed as well.  Who ever grew the herb wasn't nuturing their babies properly.  

--Herbsman

#3 Guest_suicidebag666_*

Guest_suicidebag666_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2006 - 03:54 AM

ohhh ok. i was kind of freaked out.  so i shouldnt be worried about any bad effects from herb that does that?  health wise

#4 Guest_Zoolicious_*

Guest_Zoolicious_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2006 - 06:26 AM

Actually non- flushed herbs can have ill effects on ones respritory system.  You should always hope to have a nice white ash on the medicine that is smoked.  It will not kill you but it will also burn better if flushed properly. Unless of course you are talking about AVID and then it MAY kill you.

#5 weedtracker

weedtracker

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 819 posts
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:No

Posted 20 July 2006 - 08:57 AM

i always thought the sparks were from bugs being roasted :P

#6 Hymie

Hymie

Thanks

• Patients
  • 359 posts
  • State:Ca

Posted 20 July 2006 - 09:06 AM

I've had sparkling buds too.

#7 nugs r us

nugs r us

towelie is king

• Patients
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 09:14 AM

had it several times, been ok...
sit back and enjoy the show!! :P
peace

#8 OGCAREGIVER

OGCAREGIVER

highly medicated

• Patients
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:25 AM

Yah i've noticed that some buds have that sparkling effect which makes them taste harsh, i usually notice it on buds that hav'nt been properly dried/cured.

#9 SoulRebel

SoulRebel

Tree Hugger Crew

• Patients
  • 3,807 posts
  • Patient:Yes

Posted 20 July 2006 - 12:17 PM

bugs being roasted???? damn i hate those damn critters with a passion!!!!:D    crackling weed when burnt is def. not a good sign.  improper or nonexistant flush or cure most likely, but could a some kind of foliar spray possibly a pesticide used during the flowering period :) :(  either way, not good.

#10 420max

420max

Banned

• Banned
  • 501 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 12:46 PM

Just got a a quarter of Jah Love and every bowl has a crackin sound. Does it mean they kept givin the girls nutrients and didnt stop 3 weeks before harvest like ur supposed to?
THEN GOD SAID, I GIVE YOU EVERY SEED-BEARING
PLANT ON THE FACE OF THE WHOLE
EARTH, AND EVERY TREE THAT
HAS FRUIT IN IT."
GENESIS 1:29-30

#11 vaporedhaze

vaporedhaze

Hi, Im New!

• Patients
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 06:37 PM

acctually i could be a number of things. 1 not flushed.2 bugs.3 seed pods that were not fertilzed resulting in tiny tiny white seeds

#12 savage

savage

sucka free

• Patients
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 12:23 AM

are you guys serious??? those are seeds your smoking. they crackel really loud and smell like boo boo. i usually call this bammer.

#13 phluid

phluid

WT Advanced Member

• Patients
  • 364 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 12:31 AM

It's not always bammer/stress/brown frown.  Crackling can be seeds, but these can even appear in top end strains.  It is most likely chemicals in the bud as a result of nutrients not being flushed properly, as previously stated.

#14 Guest_suicidebag666_*

Guest_suicidebag666_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2006 - 01:15 AM

S F savage. i know exactly what you are talking about with the seeds.  thats not why i posted this thread.  its because of an unusual crackling in certain batches of various strains of high grade cannabis.   not that loud cracklePOP! that happens when bustin a seed in that shwag some people smoke. its more of a fizzy crackle sound. re-read the thread, youll get it.  easy mis-understanding.  stayfree

#15 Guest_suicidebag666_*

Guest_suicidebag666_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2006 - 09:59 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I REMEMBER THAT SONG!  ole skoo foo

#16 quantum

quantum

WT Regular

• Patients
  • 411 posts
  • State:ca
  • Collective or Dispensary:Yes

Posted 29 July 2006 - 10:15 AM

weedtracker said:

i always thought the sparks were from bugs being roasted :D

lol...

#17 Guest_Not a User_*

Guest_Not a User_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2006 - 04:48 PM

That's a lot of mites to get your personal fireworks show.....It's from residual nutes.

Most commercial buds aren't grown with love. Fugicides applied to stop bud rot can spark and lack of proper flushing makes for poor non-medical grade buds.

Take M-39....most people think "Beasters!!!!" but organic M-39, flushed and cured is a delight of smells, complex fruit tastes and a wonderful medicine for daytime indy users.  

It's all about the care you give cannabis - any strain- from the nutes to the curing that makes the difference between insanely PERFECT medicine and blah junk.

I only wish dispensaries could obtain well cured meds...most aren't.

And putting meds in a jar after you pick them up just won't work. ;)

#18 Lou Weed

Lou Weed

The trick my mother played on the world.

• Patients
  • 809 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 10:55 PM

Not a User said:

That's a lot of mites to get your personal fireworks show.....It's from residual nutes.
Most commercial buds aren't grown with love. Fugicides applied to stop bud rot can spark and lack of proper flushing makes for poor non-medical grade buds.

Making for fugly bud, if you'll pardon the vernacular. :D

I woke my husband up with one of these light and sound experiences the other night. He asked if I acquired some weak sparklers and was feeling festive.

Anything but.

#19 sonicpeace

sonicpeace

WT Regular

• Patients
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 11:00 PM

sorry for the offtopicness but - lou weed, you have the greatest name ever. i can listen to vu and nico until the day i die.

#20 Guest_Not a User_*

Guest_Not a User_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2006 - 11:08 PM

Lou Weed said:

Making for fugly bud, if you'll pardon the vernacular. :(
I woke my husband up with one of these light and sound experiences the other night. He asked if I acquired some weak sparklers and was feeling festive.
Anything but.

Just tell him he makes you feel "fireworks" and to go back to bed dear. :D

At least then he owes you!

#21 xDroGrowx

xDroGrowx

Always wins

• Patients
  • 116 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 08:38 AM

That sucks.
It makes me sad to hear about crackling weed.
I hate when I but something new, and race home to try it, only to find it hasnt been grown/flushed/cured properly. I wish the people that supply the clubs would learn to take care of their girls. Or there was some sort of quality control on co-ops so that we didnt have to worry about sparklig meds.

#22 Guest_Kushcollective_*

Guest_Kushcollective_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2006 - 09:28 AM

Sounds like the plants were inundated with P, and the grower did not flush it the last couple of weeks with pure H2o to rid it of the ferts.. Lots of product coming from up-north has the Crackle right now

#23 moz

moz

Sir Smokes-a-Lot

• Patients
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 08:14 PM

I have another possibility. Your lighter could be the culprit - if it's older, the excessive flint rubbing into the cannabis can cause sparks when ignited. I feel like Mr. Wizard now.

#24 OrganicsKid

OrganicsKid

Hi, Im New!

• Patients
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 07:50 PM

The reason your medicine is cracking and popping is because it was grown using chemical fertilizers and was not flushed or was not flushed properly.

This problem is non existent when growing organically and the taste and quality is much better, plus healthier.

If using chemical fertilzers to grow your medicine you should always feed nothing but pH balanced water for the last 2 weeks of flowering.  This will remove most if not all chemical fertilizers left in your soil.

#25 phluid

phluid

WT Advanced Member

• Patients
  • 364 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 10:15 PM

Can't organic fertilizers still mess with the flavor, or no?  I thought flushing was still required, but I'm only assuming.
Hey, you!  Out of My Space! :heh:

guest / banned