elizabethpena69

Hi, Im New!

• Patients
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • State:CA

Posted 15 March 2008 - 04:56 PM

Advertisement:
i was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to share their favorite / best strain to help with painful menstrual cramps. i work during the day and tend to get too zonked out with a heavy indica or sleep inducing edible.

many thanks ... :)

#2 cannadyke

cannadyke

strain slut

• Patients
  • 2,283 posts
  • Patient:Yes
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:No

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:06 PM

daytime makes strain selection much tougher (GDP or a heavy purple work best for me for this type of pain + edibles). BUT, since that won't work for you during the day, i find that pure kush, god's gift and master kush work really well.

a strong og can sometimes be good, but you need to find an og that has a heavier body vs head effect---otherwise it's a distraction from pain rather than pain relief. you may also want to try other purple hybrids like purple urkle, grape ape or the purps.

#3 Sweet D

Sweet D

Sweet D

• Collectives
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • State:ca

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:07 PM

On days like today, I like to medicate with Trainwreck. Its a great herb for these red day blues!!

#4 TabbyKatPLURR

TabbyKatPLURR

Hi, Im New!

• Patients
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 10:09 AM

i like god;s gift & i just had some af-wreck w/ earwax concentrate...

i like em;;!
they help me "wake up" and do shit when my back and ovaries are achin;

i get really bad body aches and nausea when im pmsing.

^_^

it also helps to smoke alot before u go to bed and u wake up already relaxed and then u can get more sleep and ull only have to medicate again like//late afternoon or evening

#5 ladibugz

ladibugz

Hi, Im New!

• Patients
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:55 AM

I think any good indica should do the trick.

#6 KushMeister

KushMeister

Terminally Chill

• Collectives
  • 4,801 posts
  • Vendor:Yes
  • Collective or Dispensary:Yes

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:17 PM

Well, not being a female, makes me far from an expert on Menstrual cramps, but I too need a med that will help the pain, yet leave me clear headed enough to perform my job efficiently.

I've found that a nice hybred will normally serve me well in this instance.  Lately, I've medicated with 2 'new to me' strains, which have really done the trick, and have proven to be a wonderful 'daytime' med, with nice painkilling properties.

The first one is Afwreck that I picked up at Divine Discount Center (DDC) in North Hollywood.

The other, is Pineapple Diesel that was recommended by the Gang at Topanga Caregivers (TC) in Woodland Hills.

Both strains work wonderfully on my back pain, and I'd bet they'd serve you well for your cramping as well!

Best of luck to you in finding a med that gives you the results you're looking for!

Hey, Don't Blame Me...

I Voted YES On 19!

#7 rileysmom

rileysmom

WT Regular

• Patients
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 04:24 PM

Drink pickle juice, a couple tablespoons will do, then medicate with anything. Wait, maybe medicate first, the juice taste better if you're medicated.
10 minutes, no cramps!

#8 MisseDestinyxx420

MisseDestinyxx420

Hi, Im New!

• Patients
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 12:10 AM

pickle juice? this is interesting.  can you please explain what the pickle juice has in it that helps. I eat pickles and will def try the juice to see if it works. :shocked:

#9 Guest_Mezmoke2_*

Guest_Mezmoke2_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2008 - 09:06 AM

Sour Diesel is good maybe Train Wreck

#10 Guest_MSPEACHEZ_*

Guest_MSPEACHEZ_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:55 AM

I have terrible cramps. Is there a strain that helps this alot?  My advil does not help .

#11 labrat

labrat

Reel stoned

• Collective Associate
  • 4,200 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 12:00 PM

elizabethpena69 said:

i was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to share their favorite / best strain to help with painful menstrual cramps. i work during the day and tend to get too zonked out with a heavy indica or sleep inducing edible.

many thanks ... :)

trainwreck during the day!!! pure og nightime!! peace lab rat
old school,eat me iam a benny ,blow me iam a joint!!!

#12 SourDieselBaby

SourDieselBaby

Frequent High Flyer...stackin up the miles.

• Patients
  • 850 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:59 PM

Sour D or GDP works great for me...i had some dank frosted purps that was a life saver.

#13 babydawl

babydawl

Make love, not war.

• Patients
  • 58 posts
  • Vendor:No

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:38 AM

Sativas during the day is better since Indicas make me more sleepy. I like OG Kush and Sour D, both with amazing taste! Hope that helps! ;)

#14 Kauphaart

Kauphaart

Crepuscular Cannabis Cultivator

• Vendors
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:18 AM

As a married (28 years) man, I'm a somewhat familiar with menstrual cramps and related issues :whistling: - for daytime use, my wife prefers a good diesel or purple urkle.  While for night time, she likes a nice true or master kush...or any stout indica.  Also keep your banana intake up, or a potassium supplement can help with menstrual or general muscle cramping.  

But to really find what works best for you, you'll have to sample a wide variety of strains...bummer, eh? :hippie:

Regards,
Kau

#15 PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes

Slanted and Enchanted

• Collectives
  • 956 posts
  • Collective or Dispensary:Yes

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:05 PM