• Patients
  • 1 posts
  • State:CA
  • Patient:Yes
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:No

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:54 AM

Advertisement:
i have recently gotten in trouble with lapd for a grand theft felony, i got put in in city jail for that reason and i have been put on probation.

i am on probation now, i want to know if i can go to county for holding marijuana on me while having a recommendation, a couple people said i can get locked up but the majority let me know they will let me go? can anyone let me know what will happen if they find marijuana on me while on probation?

#2 Dulux494

Dulux494

Hi, Im New!

• Patients
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:42 AM

My ex and baby's mom got Into trouble with theft, only a misdemeanor but she got a week In county and 3 years probation. (Among other things, it also ended our relationship). It depends on your probation officer when it comes to MM, she gets required drug tests but her PO let's her use marijuana, even without an updated rec because of its "decriminalization", however that could just be her getting extremely lucky with a nice PO. Of course she had a bigger drug problem, so to her PO marijuana isnt gonna get her in trouble.

Edited by Dulux494, 19 January 2013 - 07:45 AM.

#3 Mike949

Mike949

WT Advanced Member

• Patients
  • 6,218 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

View Postsamhain88, on 19 January 2013 - 05:54 AM, said:

i am on probation now, i want to know if i can go to county for holding marijuana on me while having a recommendation, a couple people said i can get locked up but the majority let me know they will let me go? can anyone let me know what will happen if they find marijuana on me while on probation?

There's a few things to think about here...

Some conditions of probation say that you cannot use any kind of drugs, whether you have a doctor's rec or not. Some doctors do not give out recs to people on probation and some MMJ collectives will not sell you weed if you are on probation. They won't go out of there way to do a background check, but it shows you that they take the matter pretty seriously

Keep in mind, when you are on probation and you get pulled over, the police do not need probable cause to search you. All individuals on probation are subject to search. Your PO can show up at your house at any time and search your room whenever he/she wants

Here's where I think you can have problems : you get stopped and under normal circumstances, the cop will let you go because you have a rec. But when he runs your DL and finds out you are probation, he will give you a misdemeanor citation because he knows you can't posses drugs while on probation. The ticket itself you don't have to worry about. It's that when you see your PO and go to court for a progress report, they are going to see that you committed a crime while on probation, which is essentially a probation violation

Another factor is if your PO drug tests you? Are you on formal or informal probation?

I was on formal probation in my teens because I was charged with possession for sales. Because my charges had to with drugs, I was drug tested every 2 weeks

With all the worst case scenarios I mentioned, on the other hand there are conditions of probation that allow you to use MMJ while on probation. If you test positive on a drug test, your probation officer won't do anything. And if you get charged by a police officer for possession, they can throw it out in court if your PO tells the judge that you are allowed to posess and use MMJ while on probation

#4 badco

badco

badco

• Patients
  • 14,186 posts
  • State:ca

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:41 AM

you have to really think what address you give your PO cause they can go and serch for you at whatever address you give them-they came looking for me years ago and ended up aresssting my older bro and his friends who lived there,they said why didn't you just say the drugs they found were yours,i didn't know there was a mirror underneth the bed with coke on it ,they werent sharing it with me-bad times back then...

guest / banned