Hi, Im New!

• Patients
  • 91 posts
  • State:ca
  • Patient:Yes
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:No

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

The site has lost its mojo. Not sure what happened but it is not the same.

#3 badco

badco

badco

• Patients
  • 14,190 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

lol-to me its like medicating with a group of like minded peeps-i really am not looking for anything like dates or new friends to do stuff with so i like WT-so the world knows how good cannabis can be...

#4 polluted

polluted

An organism at war with itself is doomed

• Patients
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

Its you. Technically , nothing has happened to WT at all. Its still here with the same thing, maybe different appearances/formats. Maybeee, instead of being the negative nelly, you should add to its discussions and or videos.hmmm

Edited by polluted, 07 January 2013 - 02:38 PM.

#5 Mike949

Mike949

WT Advanced Member

• Patients
  • 6,218 posts
  • State:CA

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

View Postspings, on 06 January 2013 - 07:42 AM, said:

Is it me or has WT lost its mojo ?

Yeah but I think you are a little late with this observation. WT has not been what it used to be for over a year now. First the collectives left but there was still a lot of traffic in the discussion forums. Then gradually members started leaving..I know a lot of it has to do with the change in format but there has to be other reasons...

Here's my take : WT was the first site where you could go on and not only view the menus of collectives, but interact with the budtenders/owners. Most of them were very helpful. What other industry was willing to have it's employees talk to the customers in almost real time? You would even see ads in the OC Weekly, collectives would have a message on their ad, saying "check out or menu on WT." This is has how I found out about all these collectives that were minutes from my home. So with that members also started going into the discussion forums and were talking about all kinds of things, even planning WT meet and greets. It really was a community. But somehow, some way another site was gaining momentum, we all know who they are. They didn't have much of a members forum but they had a pretty good format for viewing menus of collectives, despite the fact that their server to this day is slow as hell lol...So I think what happened was that when collectives left WT the members thought "well, I come here to view menus of collectives in my area, and going in the discussion forums are kind of a bonus..If they no longer have menus, I might as well just leave the site all together." Some may agree of disagree with that view, it's just my opinion

What's been pissing me off lately is that the site itself is inaccessible for periods throughout the day for usually 15-30 minutes at a time. If you log on at the right time, you will never notice. But if you're like me and you visit 2 times a day eventually you will see that when you put weedtracker.com in your address bar, it simply doesn't load, or you get on but it stops loading halfway through your visit. That's actually more annoying because you are in the middle of sending a long, thought out post or PM and it just freezes and you half to come back later...

Edited by Mike949, 07 January 2013 - 04:13 PM.

#6 dewman13

dewman13

Hi, Im New!

• Patients
  • 91 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Mike949 has hit it on the head. And the pages of spam from a few shops is annoying.  When the site is down it always seems to be at the worst time. So the other site that is so slow and buggy may work at the time needed. Plus there are a few really good shops on the other site that i do frequent, that are not on wt and that is not wt fault. And as polluted mentioned a negative nelly does nobody any good, Adding to the conversation never hurts.

#7 ogebbandflow

ogebbandflow

WT Advanced Member

• Vendors
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

Well I come here for info and chat! The info is still here but the chat room was moved over to "sin city seed site". All the dirty hippies went with sin city now we can start anew, not so much bullshit it is just slow starting. A couple of days ago their site was down and they all came here and the same shit started again, so I left until their site was back up and they left this one. Hang in there it will get better at lease for the people in the chat room.

#8 budluva

budluva

Dedicated to be Medicated

• Patients
  • 773 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

for me it started with all the spamming from the clubs. the same 5 clubs or so just bump every single one of their threads each day so the new post feed is just filled with these bs threads. I stopped signing on here for several  weeks and came back and looked at all the new posts and it was literally 14 pages of spam with maybe 5 threads with actual members having discussion. and the discussion was actually pretty good.

the number of actual members signing on and posting is sooo low. i loved coming on here and reading and learning, but all those knowledgeable people seem to have jumped ship.

I guess I could start a grow thread, i just don't have an actual camera. Oh well, at least I'd be contributing again.

#9 badco

badco

badco

• Patients
  • 14,190 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

its the russians....

#10 CONWAYTWITTY

CONWAYTWITTY

WT Advanced Member

• Patients
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

imho what has happened has little to do with wt. its is the scene that has changed.. in the beginning most of folks who were mmj patients were passionate about mmj and mmj politics and collectives were communicating direcly to patients because we demanded it and this was why wt was poppin!!! over the years it has changed more into a recreational type atmosphere with most patients not knowing or even caring much about the mmj scene.. sadly collectives followed suit and started to show a lack of intrest in the scene and communicating with patients.. the only thing that is gonna fix it is full statewide legalization.. the ones who only wanna smoke weed will no longer need a card and the mmj scene can go back to what it was.. I know im not the only one who has seen quality go down in the last few years.. i would love to use wt but with  no collective within 50 miles of me are listed on this site. its really impossible for me to depend on this site to get my meds :sad:

Edited by CONWAYTWITTY, 08 January 2013 - 05:08 PM.

#11 badco

badco

badco

• Patients
  • 14,190 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:38 AM

watching news this am and said U.S. drug zar blasts medical cannabis...while in san francisco...time for him to retire!!

#12 sport

sport

• Patients
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

ill tell ya what happened.... there where certain members hassling and bullshitting back in 2010-2011.... all over an og cut.

i used to come on this site as burning bush and everyday there would be new and poignant information about certain cuts/histories.

cephas, x runner, mooniegoogoo, the blueberry kid,  papasmurf, col.kif.... all these growers were the foundation of weedtracker.

yeah i know  artistic organisms had their fare share of problems... but those problems were blown way out of proportion by other growers trying to downplay the word and work of these fine gentlemen.

yeah i blame the fucken thugs....

it used to be that a guy could come in here and talk about the volatility of terpenitic compounds and oxidation, and a bunch of people would respond with great info.... now you just get haters talking about how they have  "the original og" fuck og kush...... its just northern lights#2 (hindu x thai) crossed with a stable mexican afghan (dogweed)  you cross all these you get chemdog! stress the chem, give it time and a sport (mutant shoot) will grow from it....(og kush is a sport from chemdog) this sport is lanky and finicky but gives rock hard solid nugs with medium sized calyxes that frost over by week 4.... its finished in 8 weeks.... and i mean done.

but thats old news and og kush ,to me, is overhyped..... ill take a well grown master kush over OG any day....or some black domina, or hindu death cabbage.

thats why i think WT is over..... cuz the og heads made everyone else want to say " fuck you then, you dont get my good cuts/good info... mr. og"

so screw you cali connection and all your little fanboys too!

#13 yktind

yktind

Politics - Latin Definition (Poly = Many, | Ticks = Blood sucker

• Patients
  • 366 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

View PostMike949, on 07 January 2013 - 04:12 PM, said:

What's been pissing me off lately is that the site itself is inaccessible for periods throughout the day for usually 15-30 minutes at a time. If you log on at the right time, you will never notice. But if you're like me and you visit 2 times a day eventually you will see that when you put weedtracker.com in your address bar, it simply doesn't load, or you get on but it stops loading halfway through your visit. That's actually more annoying because you are in the middle of sending a long, thought out post or PM and it just freezes and you half to come back later...

^ What He Said!!!
I am not the 99%, I am not the 1%... I am not a trend!!!

Perpetual Grow Aeroponics: http://weedtracker.c...onics-grow-log/
Taking Care Mom: http://weedtracker.c...ng-care-of-mom/

Aeroponics Experiment Setup and Beginning Stages: http://weedtracker.c...rst-experiment/
Clones 100% Success:http://weedtracker.c...100-first-time/

#14 badco

badco

badco

• Patients
  • 14,190 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

one time i poured my heart out looked up after about ten minutes-went blank-could not go back-hahaha

#15 yktind

yktind

Politics - Latin Definition (Poly = Many, | Ticks = Blood sucker

• Patients
  • 366 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

There just isn't the same responses anymore and there hasn't been in a while. I remember being able to post a question and almost instantly get some info. Unfortunately I've been using other sites for my research.

Although this is the only place I post, there just isn't the help anymore. Aside from a few folks that have commented and posted when necessary.

Plus I feel like the only person that posts anything about Aero... And I know nothing HAHAHAHA. :2thumbsup:

Also, to the Admin "Facebook got very popular before they started advertising. Now they are a household name and advertise (spam) the crap out of you." Lower the spam, I understand that the site needs income, but it also needs followers, just my opinion. I will continue to use WT because I know what it used to be and it will get back there. Trying to do my part by keeping a log and hopefully help someone by making mistakes and posting them. My grow is not perfect but that's why i have posted it. Someone may learn from my mistakes. Plus trackers use to comment on what should change and how it could be better.
I am not the 99%, I am not the 1%... I am not a trend!!!

Perpetual Grow Aeroponics: http://weedtracker.c...onics-grow-log/
Taking Care Mom: http://weedtracker.c...ng-care-of-mom/

Aeroponics Experiment Setup and Beginning Stages: http://weedtracker.c...rst-experiment/
Clones 100% Success:http://weedtracker.c...100-first-time/

#16 ogebbandflow

ogebbandflow

WT Advanced Member

• Vendors
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

The foundation of weedtracker  was never the dirty hippies like Murf and his click! But us growers and the people who needed info from real growers. We are still here and they are not, good ridence to bad info

#17 sofakingg

sofakingg

bigdickdaddyfromcincinati

• Patients
  • 506 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

WEEDTRACKER was hot in the OC when it started. Grew bigger and bigger. That was 2009, 2010. Around 2011For some reason collectives started leaving. As of today there is one listing for the OC. Their prices suck, they spam the shit out of the site, daily. Folks in the OC have noticed. WT is dead in the OC and is not coming back. So that means thousands of patients in the OC are not using WT anymore. Southern California is such a huge metropolitan area, I believe WT can operate sucessfully w/o the OC. Guess we'll all just wait and see .
Have to be careful, cause weed is gettin stronger every 2 weeks !

#18 Mike949

Mike949

WT Advanced Member

• Patients
  • 6,218 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

View Postogebbandflow, on 09 January 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

The foundation of weedtracker  was never the dirty hippies like Murf and his click! But us growers and the people who needed info from real growers. We are still here and they are not, good ridence to bad info

I gotta disagree with you there, ogebbandflow. Back in 09' there was a significant growing community but to say that they were the backbone of WT - I don't think so. The majority of the well known WTs I encountered were those that spent half their time in the collective forums and the other half in the news or political forums. The guys that were in the growing forums only spent their time there and never introduced themselves into the larger WT community

#19 Mike949

Mike949

WT Advanced Member

• Patients
  • 6,218 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

View Postsofakingg, on 10 January 2013 - 08:44 AM, said:

WEEDTRACKER was hot in the OC when it started. Grew bigger and bigger. That was 2009, 2010. Around 2011For some reason collectives started leaving. As of today there is one listing for the OC. Their prices suck, they spam the shit out of the site, daily. Folks in the OC have noticed. WT is dead in the OC and is not coming back. So that means thousands of patients in the OC are not using WT anymore. Southern California is such a huge metropolitan area, I believe WT can operate sucessfully w/o the OC. Guess we'll all just wait and see .

WT definitely took off among patients in OC...believe it or not, in the early days, just by exchanging a few PMs I found out that there were 2 WTs that live in my neighborhood, literally a few doors down lol..

But really, the "hardcore" base of WT was imo centered in LA. Whenever there was a M&G, it was always somewhere in SFV like Woodley Park or out in Lancaster because MedicalGuy611 or whatever lived out there. Plus, I believe the 2 owners of WT, Tropical420 and weedtracker live in the LA area, don't they?

#20 alohakid

alohakid

Chicks Rule, Dudes Drool

• Patients
  • 854 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

Yes, when the meet and greet crowd was made to not feel welcome, there was a huge exodus from the wt community.  And there used to be collectives that had huge followings like Humboldt Relief, NNCC, CARE, & Cornerstone.  They had active forums, that the members and owners particpated in.

Edited by alohakid, 10 January 2013 - 07:00 PM.

#21 Tropical420

Tropical420

Miss Tropical420 <3

• Guests
  • 3,743 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

Mr. WeedTRACKER will look into the 15-30min delay you are talking about & will post here with updates & fixes!

Gotta remember the scene has changed a lot as some of you mentioned, a lot of the collectives just mentioned have new ownership now which changed things a bit too. A lot more sites out there now too, we realize this but still strive to be the best medical cannabis community site we can be! Please note there is only ONE owner of weedtracker and that is weedtracker himself - I am just a volunteer servant to the site and it's community. We used to be on the back cover of High Times magazine for six months at a time so that made it more "popping" at the time too, we're working on new cool things as well plus some neat new giveaways that should draw in new crowds that will hopefully participate more. Yes, a lot of personal issues between members that couldn't ignore each other happened as well. We hope to throw an official party again this year to bring everyone back together too. Always listening to your suggestions and feedback so thank you for this thread, always working to make the site work efficient and fast so you can track it down! Updates from WT himself soon!

Like WeedTRACKER on Facebook
Questions? Contact the
Help Desk
Peace, Love, Unity, & Respect

#22 joe32blow

joe32blow

WT Advanced Member

• Patients
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

it's definitely slowed down. WT has the best forums in MMJ that I know of, but they've been real quiet lately. Seems a lot of the recreational users may have scared off the activists.

#23 satchmo

satchmo

cloudy eyes and clear mind...

• Patients
  • 421 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

its almost too much work scaning thru 4 pages of 15 page long smilie bumps from one club to find worthwhile content.
give each club 1 page and 1 page only to fill and update.
they can have a link that shows when anything new is posted.
any good content is too hard to find.
if i gotta pass another page of eden therepy posts im gunna chuck.

maybe have people section and spam/shopping section seperate.

i got turned off to sharing thru posts when i found out that my posts made by medical users about medical use can be read by anyone without needing to log in.
so while talking with growers about my scene and then hashing it up, my convos are open to the world.
not cool at all.
then as the goons/kids from little amsterdam started proving just how young they were i just took a back seat here.

and went to toke city.

Edited by satchmo, 14 January 2013 - 08:42 AM.

#24 djslife

djslife

Cannabis Connoisseur

• Collectives
  • 314 posts
  • Collective or Dispensary:Yes

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

What's up everyone :high5:

It's been a long time since i've been on here and I have to agree with many of the responses in this thread. I think it was a little of all of those issues. I think the only thing that's going to bring this site back to what it was is consistent quality posts made by patients who genuinely care about the MMJ movement.

I miss WT, time to turn the site around :potleaf:

-djslife

Edited by djslife, 14 January 2013 - 11:32 PM.

#25 ogebbandflow

ogebbandflow

WT Advanced Member

• Vendors
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

The chat room is down a second time this month! Getting rid of the bugs in your system might help the site

guest / banned