Jump to content


- - - - -

This Is Why I Only Smoke Co2 Or Water Extract


  • Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#51 n1ghtm4r3

n1ghtm4r3

    Hi, Im Old!

  • Patients
  • 344 posts
  • State:ca

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:51 PM

View Posttherealsenorkushmane, on 24 July 2012 - 07:17 AM, said:

Water extracts probably have better taste and are more pure.. but as far as potency goes bho blows water hash away... ppl might disagree but if they had the dabs of oil my boy don makes with his tamisum extractor they would prob pass out... lol maybe not pass out but the stuff is strong.. and the smells you get from his oil its like smelling nothing but buds...

Have you guys actually had real budder not the stuff clubs call budder. It has a texture of pressed kief and kind of crumbles in your hand but its oil that has been turned into budder. Super dank and smooth.. absolutely smooth specially on the exhale and it gets you toasted.. that's what I like to make..

Yes kushmane I have some right now! I make it. It's insanely easy to turn bbo into proper budder and literally takes 10 minutes to do

Attached Thumbnails

  • 20120721_043249.jpg
  • 20120724_134959.jpg

Edited by n1ghtm4r3, 24 July 2012 - 12:52 PM.


#52 anewbegining

anewbegining

    WT Regular

  • Patients
  • 117 posts
  • State:ca

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:39 PM

View Postn1ghtm4r3, on 24 July 2012 - 12:51 PM, said:

Yes kushmane I have some right now! I make it. It's insanely easy to turn bbo into proper budder and literally takes 10 minutes to do

would you mind PMing me the info on how you turn bho into budder in ten min? i cant figure out how to budder my oil. even if i whip it for an hour all that changes is maybe it is a little lighter and more malleable, like laffy taffy... whats the trick?

#53 APC-Toluca-Lake

APC-Toluca-Lake

    Hi, Im New!

  • Collectives
  • 153 posts
  • State:CA
  • Patient:Yes
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:Yes

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

Let. say you have a wax or budder that tests out at 73% thc.  Then let's say you have a guy so good at making water hash it tests out at 63% thc.  When you are that close in thc it just make sense to get the water hash and smoke it, because with thc levels that high the difference in effect is very small, but the danger to your lungs and health seem higher with the chemicals than the water or Co2.
I Volunteer for Associated Patients Collective

#54 Mike949

Mike949

    WT Advanced Member

  • Patients
  • 6,218 posts
  • State:CA
  • Patient:Yes
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:No

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:06 PM

View PostAPC-Toluca Lake, on 24 July 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

Let. say you have a wax or budder that tests out at 73% thc.  Then let's say you have a guy so good at making water hash it tests out at 63% thc.  When you are that close in thc it just make sense to get the water hash and smoke it, because with thc levels that high the difference in effect is very small, but the danger to your lungs and health seem higher with the chemicals than the water or Co2.

That's exactly the point I brought up in a previous discussion about BHO. Bubble hashes do test at 60% THC sometimes and it just seems illogical to put yourself at risk just to get that extra 10%

Let's be honest...the people that are going for the highest THC% possible are using it strictly to get stoned because they smoked so much flowers and now their tolerance is blown to shreds lol..Hey, I use it for both recreational and medicinal purposes, but we have to call it for what it is..I seriously don't know anybody who is a successful person besides those that work in the MJ industry that takes dabs all day. I've been smoking for about 13 years now, yet I've managed to keep my tolerance lower than some of you who have just started smoking..How is that? A lot of these waxes and budders are so strong that no one could mentally perform at a regular job

s4boxer..Long time no see. I usually agree with your posts but the BHO that was around in the 60s was smoked by a very, very small minority of people. Talk to some old hippies, most of them knew nothing about it. BHO being used by a large number of people has only been going on for the past 5 years and it's impossible to know what the long term effects are

One argument I keep hearing is that BHO is safer because the THC% is concentrated into a smaller amount, so you're smoking less plant material..Hmm, natural plant material that has been growing in the ground for thousands of years with not one incident of death after being consumed, or butane. I think I'll take my chances with the plant lol..And yes, I know that growers could be putting pesticides and other chemicals that aren't good for you, but I would still smoke that compared to butane

#55 therealsenorkushmane

therealsenorkushmane

    WT Regular

  • Patients
  • 153 posts
  • State:ca
  • Patient:Yes
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:No

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:36 AM

Not to make an argument but you said you would tale the plant right... so your gonna take the plant which hasn't been grown by you and you know nothing of what went in it or not... you don't know if they sprayed it with pesticides maybe not... maybe they use some phospho load or gravity which I know you heard is really bad... but then again maybe not.. those are all little things we need to ask our self.. yeah bho is dangerous but trust me there's a lot more stuff that's dangerous..

Quick example.. going to the grocery store and buying your favorite strawberry could be as bad if you eat them before rinsing them... they too could have pesticides that you eat if your not careful...

So while butane is said to be bad there's tons of things that are just as bad if not worse if your not careful... shit if you live in the city and are inhaling regular old oxygen your at risk with all the pollution itself..

If you get any butane hash just make sure its budder real budder and once you taste it and see for yourself that it do sent bubble or spark or give a harsh raspy feeling you too will feel a bit better about smoking it...

Also never light your bho with a lighter the fumes the lighter and the bho produce are far more detrimental to your health than the bho itself.. always use a titanium nail or glass piece ! Always!!!

#56 ogebbandflow

ogebbandflow

    WT Advanced Member

  • Vendors
  • 1,007 posts
  • State:CA
  • Patient:Yes
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:No

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:14 AM

View Posttherealsenorkushmane, on 25 July 2012 - 07:36 AM, said:

Not to make an argument but you said you would tale the plant right... so your gonna take the plant which hasn't been grown by you and you know nothing of what went in it or not... you don't know if they sprayed it with pesticides maybe not... maybe they use some phospho load or gravity which I know you heard is really bad... but then again maybe not.. those are all little things we need to ask our self.. yeah bho is dangerous but trust me there's a lot more stuff that's dangerous..

Quick example.. going to the grocery store and buying your favorite strawberry could be as bad if you eat them before rinsing them... they too could have pesticides that you eat if your not careful...

So while butane is said to be bad there's tons of things that are just as bad if not worse if your not careful... shit if you live in the city and are inhaling regular old oxygen your at risk with all the pollution itself..

If you get any butane hash just make sure its budder real budder and once you taste it and see for yourself that it do sent bubble or spark or give a harsh raspy feeling you too will feel a bit better about smoking it...

Also never light your bho with a lighter the fumes the lighter and the bho produce are far more detrimental to your health than the bho itself.. always use a titanium nail or glass piece ! Always!!!
While butane is said to be bad?

#57 therealsenorkushmane

therealsenorkushmane

    WT Regular

  • Patients
  • 153 posts
  • State:ca
  • Patient:Yes
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:No

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:46 AM

...

Edited by therealsenorkushmane, 25 July 2012 - 11:51 AM.


#58 s4boxer

s4boxer

    The HashCollector

  • Patients
  • 1,609 posts
  • State:ca
  • Patient:Yes
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:No

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:38 AM

I guess wecan just agree to disagree :) Hope ur well Mike...peace

#59 efone202

efone202

    WT Advanced Member

  • Patients
  • 774 posts
  • State:ca
  • Patient:Yes
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:No

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:10 PM

haha talking about bho is like talking about religion.
you gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away, and know when to run, you never count your money, when your at the the table there'll be time enough for countin when the dealins done.

#60 ogebbandflow

ogebbandflow

    WT Advanced Member

  • Vendors
  • 1,007 posts
  • State:CA
  • Patient:Yes
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:No

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:19 PM

With tane being religion and very bad for you.

#61 therealsenorkushmane

therealsenorkushmane

    WT Regular

  • Patients
  • 153 posts
  • State:ca
  • Patient:Yes
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:No

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:42 AM

Says you with no factual information...

Where's your info coming from...??
Do you even have a degree or any type of certification...??
Did you log long term use effects ?? Or have you ever even medicated with bho , shatter or budder..??

If the answer is no then how can you come here implying stuff and expecting anyone to believe it...

If you showed me proof its actually bad and can have harmful or detrimental effects on my body after long term use or even short term I would quit right now!. Till then I'll keep vaping my bho in my newly won omicron vaporizer..

Edited by therealsenorkushmane, 26 July 2012 - 05:42 AM.


#62 Homie

Homie

    "I Need An Eighth"

  • Patients
  • 790 posts
  • State:CA

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:38 AM

The strains we are working with are strong enough for me. I prefer well cured flowers over concentrates...

#63 ogebbandflow

ogebbandflow

    WT Advanced Member

  • Vendors
  • 1,007 posts
  • State:CA
  • Patient:Yes
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:No

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:24 AM

View Posttherealsenorkushmane, on 26 July 2012 - 05:42 AM, said:

Says you with no factual information...

Where's your info coming from...??
Do you even have a degree or any type of certification...??
Did you log long term use effects ?? Or have you ever even medicated with bho , shatter or budder..??

If the answer is no then how can you come here implying stuff and expecting anyone to believe it...

If you showed me proof its actually bad and can have harmful or detrimental effects on my body after long term use or even short term I would quit right now!. Till then I'll keep vaping my bho in my newly won omicron vaporizer..
I do not want you to quit! you are just thinning the herd.

#64 mindstate1

mindstate1

    Hi, Im New!

  • Patients
  • 83 posts
  • State:CA
  • Patient:Yes
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:No

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:41 AM

butane sucks....sorry dabbers.... lighter hits suck too....my opinion only....i'll personally stick to buds, kief, and water hash as well....wax hits are potent though, i just think they're sketch and scant amounts of solvents in my medicine isn't really my cup of tea...to each his /her own though..

#65 scrib

scrib

    WT Regular

  • Patients
  • 287 posts
  • State:CA
  • Patient:Yes
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:No

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:28 AM

Every time you flick your bic you're probably getting more Butane than you get from doing a dab.
[/quote]


I think Alohakid is right. i have to smoke outside. when a breeze come along I flick the bick until it lights.

i know I am breething in butane and it is going to my lungs.
I thought about this.
Bic lighters have been around for decades, and I never heard of a problem until smokeuscannibis.

Edited by scrib, 27 July 2012 - 10:28 AM.

Rob,terri,matt,nikki & mikko   Says "hey"

#66 n1ghtm4r3

n1ghtm4r3

    Hi, Im Old!

  • Patients
  • 344 posts
  • State:ca

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

FACT: No one knows that bho is bad for you when properly made and purged.

FACT: No one can know that it is less detrimental than flower until studies are done.

EDUCATED GUESS: In terms of chemical breakdown. 2 C4H10 + THC < "483 different identifiable chemical constituents known to exist in cannabis"

just a guess but id say carbon and hydrogen mixed with thc is a lot better than things like ammonia and hydrogen cyanide that can be found in improperly flushed strains of flower.

I believe that there are certain risks associated with use of either flower or bho. everyone on here is an adult making their own choice. My last note is that whether you use flower, bho, water based, alcohol extract, or screened kief, Youre using something more natural than any other pharmacological provider in a hospital can provide.

Fight the good fight and medicate with what works for you. Thats what having variety and a shop to go to is all about.

#67 n1ghtm4r3

n1ghtm4r3

    Hi, Im Old!

  • Patients
  • 344 posts
  • State:ca

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:59 PM

MIKE: Let's be honest...the people that are going for the highest THC% possible are using it strictly to get stoned because they smoked so much flowers and now their tolerance is blown to shreds lol..Hey, I use it for both recreational and medicinal purposes, but we have to call it for what it is..I seriously don't know anybody who is a successful person besides those that work in the MJ industry that takes dabs all day. I've been smoking for about 13 years now, yet I've managed to keep my tolerance lower than some of you who have just started smoking..How is that? A lot of these waxes and budders are so strong that no one could mentally perform at a regular job


I take offense to that mike. I use bho on a regular basis because i have a high chemical tolerance in general. My body breaks down chemicals at an accelerated rate which is why i dont bother to use prescribed medications. all the side effect with none of the prescribed effect.

I dont use wax just "because i want to get stoned" I bust my ass 7 nights a week, 58 hours a week, and yes i dab all day, including at my lunch break because my job is half labor, half paper work and i stay physically and mentally active all night long. My job is to protect others around me. I dont take my job lightly and i would not use any type of MJ related product if it kept me from performing my duty.


You may be using waxes "so strong" you cant perform basic functions but please do NOT classify all users in such a manner.

#68 Evolved

Evolved

    Hi, Im New!

  • Patients
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • State:Ca
  • Patient:Yes
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:No

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:37 PM

A lot of bho makers are using vector, power, collobri etc.  these butanes are made for lighters.  If this kind of bho your getting there will be some impurities especially if not properly purged.   A lot of people don't know how to make good bho.
Check out N butane. Most bho guys don't even know it exists because it's hard to get.  
I use n butane that's 99.5%  I can get the 99.9% but the manufactor says the only difference is the 99.5 has .4 oxygen.  
Find someone or a shop that uses a passive extraction method or machine that recovers butane to recycle it.  Blowing can after can of butane into the air isn't helping our air quality.  
Butane info

Posted Image

This is a passive extractor that recovers the butane used. This is a BIG unit. Not many exist. Usually they are 1-2 oz machines.  I'll let your imagination try to guest this lil giant.
I'll be looking into a real super critical co2 extraction machine in the near future.  
Then the end product is heated and vac purged.  Usually the end product is shatter,sexy oil whatever......at worse its budder but very clean budder. To me is just good well done bho.




#69 Mike949

Mike949

    WT Advanced Member

  • Patients
  • 6,218 posts
  • State:CA
  • Patient:Yes
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:No

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:38 PM

View Postn1ghtm4r3, on 29 July 2012 - 06:59 PM, said:

MIKE: Let's be honest...the people that are going for the highest THC% possible are using it strictly to get stoned because they smoked so much flowers and now their tolerance is blown to shreds lol..Hey, I use it for both recreational and medicinal purposes, but we have to call it for what it is..I seriously don't know anybody who is a successful person besides those that work in the MJ industry that takes dabs all day. I've been smoking for about 13 years now, yet I've managed to keep my tolerance lower than some of you who have just started smoking..How is that? A lot of these waxes and budders are so strong that no one could mentally perform at a regular job


I take offense to that mike. I use bho on a regular basis because i have a high chemical tolerance in general. My body breaks down chemicals at an accelerated rate which is why i dont bother to use prescribed medications. all the side effect with none of the prescribed effect.

I dont use wax just "because i want to get stoned" I bust my ass 7 nights a week, 58 hours a week, and yes i dab all day, including at my lunch break because my job is half labor, half paper work and i stay physically and mentally active all night long. My job is to protect others around me. I dont take my job lightly and i would not use any type of MJ related product if it kept me from performing my duty.


You may be using waxes "so strong" you cant perform basic functions but please do NOT classify all users in such a manner.

This reply is from 4 days ago, but I did go back and read what I wrote

Are you saying that generally you have a high tolerance for everything? Meaning it takes you more than the average person to get drunk, or it takes you more Xanax to relax? I have heard of that and if that applies to you, even you would have to agree that you are the exception to the rule. The majority of these guys who are into BHO are very young, like late teens to mid twenties. Their tolerance should not be so high that they need to smoke 70% THC concentrates to feel an effect, whether that is for medicinal or recreational purposes. No offense but if your job is something like a safety coordinator, I would not feel comfortable with that person taking dabs while on the job

Edited by Mike949, 29 July 2012 - 10:38 PM.


#70 n1ghtm4r3

n1ghtm4r3

    Hi, Im Old!

  • Patients
  • 344 posts
  • State:ca

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:30 AM

View PostMike949, on 29 July 2012 - 10:38 PM, said:

This reply is from 4 days ago, but I did go back and read what I wrote

Are you saying that generally you have a high tolerance for everything? Meaning it takes you more than the average person to get drunk, or it takes you more Xanax to relax? I have heard of that and if that applies to you, even you would have to agree that you are the exception to the rule. The majority of these guys who are into BHO are very young, like late teens to mid twenties. Their tolerance should not be so high that they need to smoke 70% THC concentrates to feel an effect, whether that is for medicinal or recreational purposes. No offense but if your job is something like a safety coordinator, I would not feel comfortable with that person taking dabs while on the job

Im in my early 20'a and yes I have a high tolerance to everything of that nature. I don't take dabs at work all night just one or two at lunch but during the day I dab all day.

Anyone that can't feel anything from flower has more issues than high tolerance. It doesn't matter how long you have been smoking, you should be able to get an effect from flower still. Maybe not as much an effect but there still should be.

And you not being comfortable would just stem from the belief that BHO turns people into idiots.
Seriously not cool to generalize

Finally, no I don't agree that im some exception. Basically everyone I know smokes bho on a regular basis and all of them are fully functioning intelligent people (for the most part) it doesn't keep them from Working on houses, or filing insurance claims or waiting tables. Like I said it may keep YOU from functioning but not all of us are just looking for a solid high

Edited by n1ghtm4r3, 30 July 2012 - 08:41 AM.


#71 n1ghtm4r3

n1ghtm4r3

    Hi, Im Old!

  • Patients
  • 344 posts
  • State:ca

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:35 AM

View PostEvolved, on 29 July 2012 - 09:37 PM, said:

A lot of bho makers are using vector, power, collobri etc.  these butanes are made for lighters.  If this kind of bho your getting there will be some impurities especially if not properly purged.   A lot of people don't know how to make good bho.
Check out N butane. Most bho guys don't even know it exists because it's hard to get.  
I use n butane that's 99.5%  I can get the 99.9% but the manufactor says the only difference is the 99.5 has .4 oxygen.  
Find someone or a shop that uses a passive extraction method or machine that recovers butane to recycle it.  Blowing can after can of butane into the air isn't helping our air quality.  
Butane info

Posted Image

This is a passive extractor that recovers the butane used. This is a BIG unit. Not many exist. Usually they are 1-2 oz machines.  I'll let your imagination try to guest this lil giant.
I'll be looking into a real super critical co2 extraction machine in the near future.  
Then the end product is heated and vac purged.  Usually the end product is shatter,sexy oil whatever......at worse its budder but very clean budder. To me is just good well done bho.

The only difference.between butane and ISO-butane is their boiling/ freezing point and density. Power and vector both are made with n-butane (iso-butane). where are you getting pure iso from?

#72 Smokus Cannabis

Smokus Cannabis

    WT Advanced Member

  • Patients
  • 2,127 posts
  • State:CA

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:42 AM

Not to flog a dead horse.  I was hoping to be DONE with this topic because of the complete FREAKOUT so many have had about it.  I have NEVER had a problem with a Bic lighter.  EVER.  So, please don't get confused.  Bics have been fine to me, just the flint can spark on your MJ and that can suck.  Have a great day.

#73 APC-Toluca-Lake

APC-Toluca-Lake

    Hi, Im New!

  • Collectives
  • 153 posts
  • State:CA
  • Patient:Yes
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:Yes

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

Like I said originally,  reading stuff like this makes me stick with the water and Co2 based extracts.  I just don't want to have any of this in my system.

When people say they use clean butane, they are still using a CHEMICAL which in an of itself is already something I don't want to ingest into my body.  Who knows what happens when it builds up over the long term taking 10-20 dabs a day.  

Edited by APC-Toluca Lake, 31 July 2012 - 11:12 AM.

I Volunteer for Associated Patients Collective

#74 n1ghtm4r3

n1ghtm4r3

    Hi, Im Old!

  • Patients
  • 344 posts
  • State:ca

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

View PostAPC-Toluca Lake, on 31 July 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

Like I said originally,  reading stuff like this makes me stick with the water and Co2 based extracts.  I just don't want to have any of this in my system.

When people say they use clean butane, they are still using a CHEMICAL which in an of itself is already something I don't want to ingest into my body.  Who knows what happens when it builds up over the long term taking 10-20 dabs a day.  


Dude you're totally missing the point c02 is just as bad for for you to inhale as any other gas. Your body dispels c02 for a reason. Capillaries shrivel and slow oxygen intake when they're overloaded with carbon dioxide.

Just saying either way you're inhaling something not too good for you ;)

I like water based but oil still rocks

#75 ogebbandflow

ogebbandflow

    WT Advanced Member

  • Vendors
  • 1,007 posts
  • State:CA
  • Patient:Yes
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:No

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:51 PM

View Postn1ghtm4r3, on 31 July 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

Dude you're totally missing the point c02 is just as bad for for you to inhale as any other gas. Your body dispels c02 for a reason. Capillaries shrivel and slow oxygen intake when they're overloaded with carbon dioxide.

Just saying either way you're inhaling something not too good for you ;)

I like water based but oil still rocks
The point being missed is by you, the air you are breathing outside is 300 PPM of Co2.




guest / banned