Support The Biggest Medical Cannabis Campaign Happening In 2012.
Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:15 AM
We are reaching out to you in need of your support to ensure the Patients Access to Regulated Medical Cannabis Act qualifies for the November 1st ballot. This effort will establish 22 registered dispensaries and return patients' and collective's right to cultivate there. It is a most important battle and the biggest victory the medical cannabis community can have in the fall. Sacramento County will be a symbolic victory as the State's Capital. A victory here is hear loud and clear by lawmakers and public officials across the state. If we can qualify this for the ballot, it will pass. It is a revenue positive measure that will increase public safety and ensure the community is protected. Visit www.RegulateSac.org for the initiative info.
We need to gather between 80-100,000 signatures. We have an army of roughly 50+ volunteers doing what they can, but the reality is that we need to pay professionals to do the job right if we want to be successful. We are looking to pay for 80,000 signatures, and supplement that with our volunteer effort. It will be an uphill battle, which is why we need your kind and generous support.
HOW CAN I HELP?
Well, I am glad you asked. Every dollar you can donate to the cause will go directly towards one signature. We have pros on the streets now and have commitments for the first 30,000 signatures. Can you help us reach our goal of 80,000 by donating what you can to this effort?
In December, the Sac Board of Supervisors enacted a draconian zoning ordinance that outlawed any and all land use involving medical cannabis. Your donation will go to repeal that ban and return patient access to cannabis to tens of thousands of patients there. This is a chance to use your resources to directly affect the lives of many who now are outlaws for growing their own medicine and have had over 100 dispensaries shut down in the past 8 months. It has been literal devastation of a booming economy, and your donation can go towards returning dozens of good paying jobs in the industry.
How to donate:
- Attached is a donation card and our fundraising appeal. Just print it out, and drop it in the mail to pay by check or credit card.
- You can also donate directly online by going here: https://secure.piryx...PARC/signatures
Sponsor our Fundraiser in Sacramento on April 7th:
- Buy a table of 4 or more for you and your folks. Tickets are $125. Each ticket helps us get 100 needed signatures. All you can eat BBQ, great music, medicating tent, and all for a great cause. Sponsor a table of 4 and you can advertise with a banner and printed materials.
- Donate to our silent auction. Anything of value that can go towards our silent auction would be awesome.
- Freebies for our guests. Donate products or schwag for our attendees. You can get your name out and our folks get cool stuff.
- Ask about vending.
- Get your vendors and patients to come to the event. It is gonna be a blast!
- Send people to our fundraiser webpage: https://my.fundraise.../event/view/364
- Use your email lists, social networks, and contacts to get the word out. We need volunteers to help in any way they can. Some local collectives are sponsoring their patients with medicine gift certificates for their work. Can you help us get people to volunteer? Below are some messages to put out for us that would help drive people to volunteer or donate to the cause. This would be very cool of you to help us out with.
Facebook/Google Fundraising Message (copy and paste):
WE NEED MONEY FOR SIGNATURES! Can you help? Every $1 will go for a much needed signature. Can we count on you to help us meet our goal?https://secure.piryx...PARC/signatures Please post widely.
Facebook/Google Volunteer message (copy and paste):
BE A PART OF HISTORY! CHANGE THE WORLD! Join the CSPARC Action Team and help us qualify for the November ballot in Sac County. You can be a hero. http://csparc.blogsp...ange-world.html <br clear="all">
Twitter Fundraising Message (copy and paste):
The biggest medical cannabis campaign in Cali is happening in Sac County. Do you got $5 on it? Donate! $1=1 signature. https://secure.piryx...PARC/signatures
Twitter Volunteer Message:
BE A PART OF HISTORY! CHANGE THE WORLD! Join the CSPARC Action Team. You can be a hero.http://csparc.blogsp...ange-world.html
FB Event Message:
GET YOUR TICKETS NOW! These babies are limited and will be going like hotcakes. Be a part of history and enjoy good food and great people coming together for an awesome cause. https://my.fundraise.../event/view/364
Twitter Event Message:
@CSPARCsac GET TICKETS NOW! Enjoy good food and great people coming together for an awesome cause in Sac.https://my.fundraise.../event/view/364 #GoodTimes
Anything you can do to help us change the course of history and find victory in the fall is most appreciated and we thank you in advance for your dedication and support.
The Committee for Safe Patient Access to Regulated Cannabis
www.RegulateSac.org and www.CSPARC.org
Find Us on FB Here
Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:27 AM
Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:58 AM
Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:34 PM
Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:51 AM
Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:07 PM