• Administrators
  • 3,743 posts
  • State:CA
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:No

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

Advertisement:
Posted Image

Democrat Assembly woman Norma Torres is sponsoring legislation, AB 2552, that seeks to criminalize anyone who operates a motor vehicle with any detectable amount of marijuana or its metabolites in their system, regardless of whether their psychomotor performance is demonstrably impaired.

Assembly Bill 2552 amends state law to redefine driving 'under the influence.' It states, “It is unlawful for any person who has any level of cannabinoids or synthetic cannabinoid compound in his or her blood or urine to drive a vehicle.” Under this measure, the law would presume to be 'impaired' any person who operates a motor vehicle with trace levels of marijuana or even inactive marijuana metabolites (waste products) present in their blood or urine.

This legislation represents an all out assault on marijuana consumers. Because marijuana's main metabolite, THC-COOH, remains detectable in certain bodily fluids, particularly urine, for weeks and sometimes even months after past use, this legislation seeks to improperly define sober drivers as if they were intoxicated.

Assembly Bill 2552 is neither a safe nor sensible way to identify impaired drivers; they are an attempt to misuse the traffic safety laws in order to identify and prosecute marijuana smokers per se. Please contact your member of the State Assembly and urge him or her to reject AB 2552.

Source: NORML.org

:glitterleaf:

Like WeedTRACKER on Facebook
Questions? Contact the
Help Desk
Peace, Love, Unity, & Respect

#2 Tropical420

Tropical420

Miss Tropical420 <3

• Administrators
  • 3,743 posts
  • State:CA
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:No

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:41 PM

This is so wrong, the thought that people could get a DUI for having marijuana in their blood stream without even being currently intoxicated while driving is absurd! Drunk driving is documented to have caused countless deaths and I challenge anyone to find me a case of a driving accident that was caused by marijuana intoxication. The catch 22 here is that even if you are not currently intoxicated at the time of the DUI test but you had smoked within the last 30 days it will still show up in a urine or blood DUI test which is totally unfair to medical cannabis patients who medicate safely at home and drive sober but get a DUI anyway for having it in their urine or blood stream.

Like WeedTRACKER on Facebook
Questions? Contact the
Help Desk
Peace, Love, Unity, & Respect

#3 polluted

polluted

An organism at war with itself is doomed

• Patients
  • 2,311 posts
  • State:ca

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:16 AM

Welcome to the New World Order.

#4 yamita

yamita

The ORIGINAL Pura Vida Girl...!!

• Collectives
  • 551 posts
  • State:ca

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:25 AM

The Los Angeles City Council has postponed a vote on a motion to ban medical cannabis cooperatives and collectives in the city. The vote would have taken place tomorrow. That means we have a little longer to urge them to reject the ban and find a better solution for medical cannabis patients. I am going to City Hall tomorrow, and you can still join me there to speak to the City Council. The meeting is on Friday, June 22, at 10:00 AM in room 340 at City Hall, 200 N. Spring Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012. Arrive early to find parking and complete a speaker’s card.

We do not know when the City Council will vote on the motion for an outright ban on patients’ associations in the city. We will need to turn out a big crowd that day, so keep an eye on this mailing list for the latest news. In the meantime, can you make a phone call or send an email to your representative on the City Council?

I suggest using this phone script or cutting and pasting this into the message box on your City Council members’ web contact form:

“I am a medical cannabis patient/advocate in your District, and I do not want to see an outright ban on medical cannabis cooperatives and collectives in the city. Patients rely on these facilities for safe access to the medicine they need. Closing all of them means cutting off that access, and in some cases, forcing legal patients back into the illegal market. Please reject the motion by Council Member Huizar to ban medical cannabis. Instead, work with all the stakeholders to find a solution that works for patients. Thank you.”

Personalize the message as you wish; but keep is short, on topic, and courteous!

You can identify your City Council Member by typing your address in the “Neighborhood  Resources” box on the city web page. This will show you a link to his or her web site with the telephone number and an email contact form where you can type a message.  The web forms do not allow auto-email programs, so you must follow the link and enter the message into the form yourself. If you are having trouble finding the telephone number or email form, tell me your address or Council representative, and I will reply with links.

Thanks for helping,

Don Duncan
California Director
PureLife is a pre-ico non-profit collective.
We support ASA and are proud members of GLACA!

I volunteer at PureLife Alternative Wellness Center

Pura Vida....Everything is Good, Everything is Balanced, A State of Joy and Wellbeing....thus...PURELIFE...

guest / banned