• Patients
  • 766 posts
  • State:ca
  • Patient:Yes
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:No

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

Advertisement:

Taking away our rights to choose how we medicate is NOT ENOUGH for the FEDS, now they're after our right to choose what we eat?? Monsanto behind this big pic?

http://www.garden-of...avoid-monsanto/

Bound To The Tunes

#2 Mike949

Mike949

WT Advanced Member

• Patients
  • 6,218 posts
  • State:CA

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

It's so true. The government's argument for the raids is that the foods aren't inspected by the USDA, so they are not safe for us to consume. But then you look at how unhealthy the mass distributed food is, and it makes you wonder...There have been cases of people getting sick from unpasteurized milk or raw foods, but I would rather trust the people at my local farmers market than ConAgra or Tyson

Sometimes I get the feeling that they are using intimidation tactics because they know if we start to take control of the way we eat, less people will stop buying from the fast food restaurants and the major grocery store chains, and the economy will suffer. That's why these laws get passed - the corporations make huge donations to our politicians, and they pass regulations that make it harder for us to choose what we eat

#3 badco

badco

badco

• Patients
  • 14,206 posts
  • State:ca

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

they had hella ride at dinseyland think i was frying one time,that big eye under a microscopes...

#4 notrealname

notrealname

Do it in the dirt!

• Patients
  • 588 posts
  • State:CA

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:17 AM

In the video a lady makes a mention of Mexico using sugar in soft drinks. Simply put it is cheaper for us to use corn instead of cane sugar. Sugar cane doesn't grow well here and we have a history of high sugar tariffs. We get sugar from Cuba, but it isn't a direct route. We use more glucose syrup in the form of corn syrup... we just produce and use more corn than other countries.

Corn wouldn't be so popular if we didn't have system that for about the last 35 years that has had laws in place to encourage and protect corn farmers. We export a large amount of corn to Mexico.

Most of the corn grown in Mexico now is modified. Many of the Mexicans took the corn and started growing it. Corn is now a crop that would peter out in a few years without mankind to tend to it. Corn now looks like an athlete on steroids. Is it wrong? I think we have a problem by not having diversity.  

It is funny to see how things operate in other countries. Take McDonalds for example, the food is different. The burgers are far different and the containers they come in as well. The last time I was in Germany you could buy a beer in McDonalds. Yet I didn't see a bunch of people getting DUI's. Cigarettes are not as harsh in other countries, but then they don't get to add as many chemicals.
"All my helmet graphics are installed by rocks."

guest / banned