#1 CONWAYTWITTY

CONWAYTWITTY

WT Advanced Member

• Patients
  • 1,148 posts
  • State:ca

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:55 PM

Advertisement:

Seven people were arrested Wednesday and an eighth is being sought after San Bernardino County sheriff's investigators raided a medical marijuana dispensary in Bloomington that authorities said is operating illegally.

Michael Benjamin Avilez, 33; Jose Julian Fernandez, 25; Cody James Santibanez, 20; Patrick Joseph Blake, 26; Gabriel Antonio Avilez, 32; Jacqueline Monique Murillo, 19; and Gia Marlene Fernandez (also known as Gia Bozzi Fernandez), 49, were taken into custody and booked at county jail facilities.

Bail for each was set at $750.000, jail records indicate.

Police are looking for Gia Fernandez's 21-year-old son, Lynn Adam Cooter, who spoke with investigators by phone but refused to meet with them in person, the Sheriff's Department said in a news release.

The arrests followed a three-month investigation into the Collective in the 18800 block of Valley Boulevard in Bloomington, which investigators say was selling marijuana for profit in violation of the Compassionate Use Act, the state's medical marijuana law.

The dispensary also violates county ordinances that prohibit the operation of a medical marijuana facility in unincorporated areas of the county, the department said.

Investigators executed search warrants at the dispensary and at homes in Rialto, Fontana, Upland and Rancho Cucamonga, the department said. At the dispensary they found 250 marijuana plants under cultivation, 50 pounds of marijuana packaged for sale, a large (though unspecified) amount of cash that they said was derived from the illegal sale of marijuana, as well as other evidence supporting their belief that marijuana was being sold.

More plants were found under cultivation at the home of Michael and Gabriel Avilez, where investigators found evidence that power was being illegally tapped to power the cultivation operation, the department said. They also found equipment used to extract oil from the marijuana plants, and four handguns.

More pot plants were found being cultivated at the homes of Blake and Gia Fernandez, the department said. At the home of Jose Fernandez, detectives found marijuana-laced edibles being cooked. They said these products were within access of a 2½-year-old girl.

Defendants face various charges, including cultivation of marijuana, possession of marijuana for sale, sale of marijuana, operating a narcotics business, theft of utilities, being a felon in possession of a firearm and child endangerment, the department said.

Anyone with information about the case, or the whereabouts of Cooter, is asked to call the sheriff's narcotics division at 909-890-4840.

http://www.beloblog....gs/news/digest/

#2 Guest_washgirl_*

Guest_washgirl_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:28 PM

OY   Thank you for stealing electricity, and endangering children (if they indeed were within her reach and not just in the same home)

Edited by washgirl, 17 June 2011 - 05:30 PM.

#3 anotherdimension13

anotherdimension13

. . .

• Patients
  • 2,787 posts
  • State:CA
  • Patient:Yes
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:No

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:37 PM

or the whereabouts of Cooter

Odds are, probably fled back to the wooded whereabouts of Hazard County...  :doh:
"I can't get a word in edgeways, Surrounded by so many lies
They just treat us like subhumans, We're the people they despise...  I'm telling you it's gonna get worse!"

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 hatrix

hatrix

Nugged Out

• Patients
  • 407 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:55 PM

damn i went to this place before, didnt seem too shady to me

their competitor down the street is wayyyyyyyy worse and ive heard rumors of them reporting places

Edited by hatrix, 17 June 2011 - 10:55 PM.

"Potent herbs and leaves could ease the world":grouphug:

#5 Mike949

Mike949

WT Advanced Member

• Patients
  • 6,218 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:06 PM

A felon in possession of a firearm. Stealing electricity. I think it's safe to say these guys were not legit

#6 Guest_washgirl_*

Guest_washgirl_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:17 AM

View Posthatrix, on 17 June 2011 - 10:55 PM, said:

damn i went to this place before, didnt seem too shady to me

their competitor down the street is wayyyyyyyy worse and ive heard rumors of them reporting places

Hatrix I don't think it was in the 18800 block.....are you thinking of NHC?  It is still open......I cannot say anything about any of other of them because I have not been....

#7 hatrix

hatrix

Nugged Out

• Patients
  • 407 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:42 PM

View Postwashgirl, on 18 June 2011 - 04:17 AM, said:

Hatrix I don't think it was in the 18800 block.....are you thinking of NHC?  It is still open......I cannot say anything about any of other of them because I have not been....

this article is about COG.

the shady ones are further down and have alot of H's in their name

Edited by hatrix, 18 June 2011 - 12:43 PM.

"Potent herbs and leaves could ease the world":grouphug:

guest / banned