#26 polluted

polluted

An organism at war with itself is doomed

• Patients
  • 2,311 posts
  • State:ca

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:45 AM

View PostMike949, on 24 August 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

Last night this woman heard a noise in her backyard, and when she went out to see what it was she was shot by the police

It is truly getting new world orderish out there.

Be SAFE!

#27 Mike949

Mike949

WT Advanced Member

• Patients
  • 6,218 posts
  • State:CA
  • Patient:Yes
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:No

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

View Postpolluted, on 26 August 2012 - 11:45 AM, said:

It is truly getting new world orderish out there.

Yep..just in the past few weeks there has been like 6-7 of these incidents and most of them occur in California. I don't remember the cops being this authoritarian ever, and I've lived here my entire life. Unless their superiors discipline them or someone in the DA's office charges them with assault, they really are just a pack of cowboys that will do whatever they want imo

#28 polluted

polluted

• Patients
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:37 PM

"A Los Angeles Police Department commanding officer has been removed amid an internal investigation into a videotaped beating in which officers tackled a handcuffed registered nurse to the ground, police Chief Charlie Beck said Wednesday. Beck said previously that he had "serious concerns" about the use of force against Michelle Jordan, 34, who was arrested in the Tujunga area on Aug. 21 after being stopped for talking on a cellphone while driving, police said...".* Ana Kasparian, John Iadarola (host of TYT University and Common Room), and former prosecutor Steve Oh discuss on The Young Turks.

*Read more here from the AP published in The Huffington Post: http://www.huffingto...ordan_n_1843...

#29 Mike949

Mike949

WT Advanced Member

• Patients
  • 6,218 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:32 PM

All for talking on a cell phone...The police chief of LA is joke. This is the same guy who said they had the right man when they arrested the dude in Hollywood for beating up Brian Stowe. I'm guessing the cops will be given a warning and then allowed to return to work, as if nothing ever happened

#30 Mike949

Mike949

WT Advanced Member

• Patients
  • 6,218 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:35 PM

This happened a few days ago in Minnesota, it's pretty nuts

Edited by Mike949, 30 August 2012 - 11:36 PM.

#31 polluted

polluted

• Patients
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:07 AM

#32 polluted

polluted

• Patients
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:57 AM

#33 Mike949

Mike949

WT Advanced Member

• Patients
  • 6,218 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

View Postpolluted, on 08 October 2012 - 11:57 AM, said:

At least the cop is no longer working

#34 Mike949

Mike949

WT Advanced Member

• Patients
  • 6,218 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

I saw this video of an incident that also took place in Philly. The say the cop has been fired but he was never charged with assault

#35 polluted

polluted

• Patients
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:41 PM

A secret audio recording of a stop-and-frisk in action sheds unprecedented light on a practice that has put the city's young people of color in the NYPD's crosshairs. Read the full story at: http://www.thenation...-fking-mutt-...

Directed by Ross Tuttle
Produced by Ross Tuttle, Erin Schneider, Stephen Maing
Camera by Ross Tuttle, Stephen Maing
Editing by Stephen Maing, Carla Ruff

#36 polluted

polluted

• Patients
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

READ THIS: Six of the officers will be given restitution in the form of pay, overtime, benefits and pension payments for all the time they missed since their reprimand, Police Comm. Charles Ramsey said. Sgt. Schiavone's demotion was also overturned.

Officers Patrick Whalen and Robert Donnelly were rookies at the time of the incident and will not automatically get their jobs back, according to Comm. Ramsey. They can reapply for the job, though. "I don't agree with the decision, but it is decision of the arbitrator and I respect that," Comm. Ramsey said.

A 2009 grand jury also found that the officers' actions did not warrant criminal charges. The three alleged suspects were also acquitted of charges related to the shooting.

guest / banned