• Vendors
  • 229 posts
  • State:CA
  • Patient:Yes
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:Yes

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:14 AM

View PostSmokus Cannabis, on 07 July 2010 - 09:42 PM, said:

Why this is important to me, I have no idea, but it is.  Any info would be appreciated.

Without knowing each of blue dream's traits' genotype (genetic make up), you won't know, what the true percentage is. Everyone of blue dream's traits have alleles, 1 from each parent and are either dominate homozygous (DD), dominate heterozygous (Dd) or recessive (dd). Think in terms of what traits, did the blue dream inherit from its parent plants and its ratios. Instead of describing traits as indica or sativa, it's too vague. Every single trait has a different genotype. There are too many traits to just assume whatever % you came up with. The blueberry female, haze male and the blue dream, could've had any genetic combination. Without knowing the genotype of each trait, it's just a complete guess.

You could self blue dream, by making turn it hermaphrodite and cross it to its self. By crossing it to its self and separating the progeny (seeds) by similar/different traits. You could use the punnet square and find out the true %. The ratio of similar/different traits, will tell you what's dominate homozygous, dominate heterozygous and recessive. Only then can you will get the true %. Google Gregor Mendel and punnet square. Boring sh!t but if you want to learn about blue dream's true ratio of its parent's inherited traits, you should read about Gregor Mendel and learn the science of genetics.

Edited by High Breeder, 23 November 2011 - 04:06 AM.

Oh man, I'm so high right now, I have no idea what's going on, except for genetics and breeding.

Check out our new website, almost complete!
WWW.SOCALGENETICS.com

guest / banned