#1 sammy1956

sammy1956

WT Regular

• Patients
  • 54 posts
  • State:ca

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:11 PM

Advertisement:
It's supposed to be 5x, but somebody on this forum claimed it was 1x. Anybody know if this is true?

#2 Guest_cephas_*

Guest_cephas_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:19 PM

Come from the same factory as Vector.  

Different can.

Maybe it is different butane too, but I doubt they run two separate lines at the factory.

#3 mooniegoogoo

mooniegoogoo

Killing pain as we speak

• Patients
  • 5,531 posts
  • State:CA
  • Patient:Yes
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:No

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:22 PM

I've never had a problem with Power
I'm on vacation. leave a message after the beep...........................beep

#4 fredperry

fredperry

the wrong side of the tracks

• Patients
  • 620 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:25 PM

blue can= good
yelow can ≠ No good

#5 sammy1956

sammy1956

WT Regular

• Patients
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:18 AM

Thanks for those responses. It's made in Korea. Is that where Vector comes from?

#6 Guest_cephas_*

Guest_cephas_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:20 AM

Yup,  Korea is like butane country....it's their leading export.

#7 rix

rix

San Pedro - Harbor Area ~ 71O

• Administrators
  • 22,502 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:28 AM

fredperry said:

blue can= good
yelow can ≠ No good

black can = best ~ :thumb:

Posted Image

#8 Sesh

Sesh

sap user

• Patients
  • 705 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:52 AM

+1.. black can is the best but harder to find. kind of expensive as far as butane goes but worth it. when you find a spot with it you can see if they'll do a deal on a whole box. tell them if they give you a good price on a box you'll keep coming back. if they ask why you are using so much butane, tell them you are a chef/caterer and you use it for Creme Brulee's and stuff, lol.

#9 Guest_cephas_*

Guest_cephas_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:26 PM

IMO Vector has a distinct perfume smell....also leaves a lot of white residue on a paper if you spray it straight.

Power has perfume added....same amount of residue on a paper.

King also no scent added...and begins with a higher quality butane....less white residue.

Callibri, no scent added...less white residue

Akavir, no scent added....almost zero residue.  

Yeah it's expensive....IMO it's worth it for the lack of residue and perfume.  

How may of you have bought them all and done back to back runs comparing them?  

I have.... took a half lb of trim about 9 moths ago, got two cans of every butane brand I could find, and compared to find the "best".....what I found is 90% of them are exactly the same with different graphics on the can...but the brands without added perfumes taste better, and those brands have less lingering residue when sprayed straight also...the number of times the butane was filtered seemed to have no bearing on the amount of left over residue at all.

Remember the only thing being purged is the tiggy-tane.  

The additives (like smells added so you know if your can is leaking, not a bad thing in most cases) and the contaminants stay in, so best to have as few as possible to start with probably, and while 5x filtered is a great concept (it must be the cleanest right?) the reality is far more complex as there are more factors than simply how mant filters it is run through how many times...(especially if it is the same filter 5 times...that might actually put contaminents back in after the first couple filter runs)

Edited by cephas, 08 July 2010 - 12:38 PM.

#10 rix

rix

San Pedro - Harbor Area ~ 71O

• Administrators
  • 22,502 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:06 PM

^ I'll take ur word for it ~ :thumb: !

#11 cheesedeek

cheesedeek

Banned

• Banned
  • 437 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:11 PM

power 5 is all good , trust me . EVEN KING IS OK .
YELLOW NEON  = SHITY BUTANE FOR SHITY HASH MAKERS.
i go through about 2 cans a day of power 5 x , no worries , its pure

Edited by cheesedeek, 17 August 2010 - 02:16 PM.

To much cheese for one gal:dizzy:

#12 MF_CANNABEAST

MF_CANNABEAST

Lifes just a chance to grow a soul

• Collectives
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:48 AM

saponification anyone?
Posted Image

#13 TastyBuds

TastyBuds

Bong Whisperer

• Patients
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:35 AM

MF_CANNABEAST said:

saponification anyone?

no.

anyways, 5x in the blue can is fine, ive ran them back to back with vector, I think the vector has more propellant, better for blasting the nugs.

#14 kennabis

kennabis

*son of the sun*

• Patients
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:55 AM

i was gonna start a 5x purified disposable lighter business, and market the medical cannabis market, but as i started research, i found that all butane is tainted with toxins i.e. the can(residuals from manufacturing), the machines filling the can(lubricants to keep the machine operating) and on and on...

most of these companys are surprised when they hear their product is being used for manufacturing a concentrate, to be ingested, thru smoking :der:

your all playin bad science, imaho. dr. butaneNstein

tb is gonna set us straight, here soon, with some test results.

health
"blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly..."

#15 randomee

randomee

WT Advanced Member

• Patients
  • 821 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 02:17 PM

rix said:

black can = best ~ :thumb:

Posted Image

a matter of opinion, I don't like vecotr i use power.  not because of the price but because of the results I netted when I tested both the vector and power side by side.  do the butane mirror test and see what you find.  vector ALSO kicks me in the back of my throat in a special way, not really good or bad just obvious.  Power does not.  ENJOY!  my local shop has case of power for $33!

chemicals can be purged out if your purge method is correct which 9 out of 10 people do not do it correctly that I have seen.  They either use to much starting material per run or the dont purge it out enough and its more of a butter then stable amber glass.  All BHO should be 100% stable, if you left it in the plate and turned the plate upside down it should never fall down......ever.  properly purged concentrate is rock solid and this is why it scrapes in shards if you do not heat the bottom of the pyrex before you scrape (to the new kids out there obviously dont torch the BHO directly, use in direct heat, torch it from the bottom.  I have no scientific data to back this up but if anyone is actually doing testing I would love to join the team and begin scientifically recording what I make.  I think that if you understand the processes while making BHO rather then just doing what you saw someone else do or what someone else told you to do is the KEY.  If you use a fridge or freezer you OBVIOUSLY do NOT understand the process lol, that imho and experience is 100% Myth.

off for my last final and im going to Ace it im sooo ready!

Edited by randomee, 07 January 2011 - 08:24 AM.
ahhh yummmy oil

"Don't bother me when I'm eating"

Rest In Peace 2Dog - My OG You Will Always Be With Me
Rest In Peace Steve From SCC - I Will Never Forget Your Advice!

#16 dond3030

dond3030

High Society

• Collective Associate
  • 535 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:53 PM

randomee said:

a matter of opinion, I don't like vecotr i use power.  not because of the price but because of the results I netted when I tested both the vector and power side by side.  do the butane mirror test and see what you find.  vector ALSO kicks me in the back of my throat in a special way, not really good or bad just obvious.  Power does not.  ENJOY!  my local shop has case of power for $33!

chemicals can be purged out if your purge method is correct which 9 out of 10 people do not do it correctly that I have seen.  They either use to much starting material per run or the dont purge it out enough and its more of a butter then stable amber glass.  All BHO should be 100% stable, if you left it in the plate and turned the plate upside down it should never fall down......ever.  properly purged concentrate is rock solid and this is why it scrapes in shards if you do not heat the bottom of the pyrex before you scrape (to the new kids out there obviously dont torch the BHO directly, use in direct heat, torch it from the bottom.  I have no scientific data to back this up but if anyone is actually doing testing I would love to join the team and being scientifically recording what I make.  I think that if you understand the processes while making BHO rather then just doing what you saw someone else do or what someone else told you to do is the KEY.  If you use a fridge or freezer you OBVIOUSLY do NOT understand the process lol, that imho and experience is 100% Myth.

off for my last final and im going to Ace it im sooo ready!

Care to share your purging method?

#17 ThunderKid916

ThunderKid916

Hi, Im New!

• Patients
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 01:38 PM

Sesh said:

+1.. black can is the best but harder to find. kind of expensive as far as butane goes but worth it. when you find a spot with it you can see if they'll do a deal on a whole box. tell them if they give you a good price on a box you'll keep coming back. if they ask why you are using so much butane, tell them you are a chef/caterer and you use it for Creme Brulee's and stuff, lol.

When you say the black can you are talking about the black Power 3 can right? Black can clear cap? Made in Korea ect

Here's the can I'm talking about I had never seen it before, just the yellow POWER cans with red caps, the orange POWER cans with yellow caps and the blue POWER 5X cans with blue caps but never had I saw these black ones with the clear cap so I'm hoping this is the "rare" POWER butane black can cuz I get it for $3.50 a can...

Attached Files

#18 ThunderKid916

ThunderKid916

Hi, Im New!

• Patients
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 01:43 PM

I was getting a butane fart smell left behind in my budder made with Neon and then I switched to Power being the only brand I could find that I saw was ok to use and the end product is incredible! Super potent and tasty rock candy...

#19 efone202

efone202

WT Advanced Member

• Patients
  • 774 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:06 PM

ThunderKid916 said:

I was getting a butane fart smell left behind in my budder made with Neon and then I switched to Power being the only brand I could find that I saw was ok to use and the end product is incredible! Super potent and tasty rock candy...

Neon shouldnt be too bad? it passes the mirror test and its 3x i thought. anyone else use Neon before?
you gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away, and know when to run, you never count your money, when your at the the table there'll be time enough for countin when the dealins done.

#20 jd123

jd123

Cannabis Connoisseur

• Patients
  • 345 posts
  • State:OR

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:46 PM

efone202 said:

Neon shouldnt be too bad? it passes the mirror test and its 3x i thought. anyone else use Neon before?

i beleive they add sulfur so you can smell the leaking tane.

#21 efone202

efone202

WT Advanced Member

• Patients
  • 774 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 07:02 PM

jd123 said:

i beleive they add sulfur so you can smell the leaking tane.
  ya it smells like it, how ever i found some some called mega 5x and it passes the mirror test as well as not smell bad, i might try this or buy some lucienne not sure
you gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away, and know when to run, you never count your money, when your at the the table there'll be time enough for countin when the dealins done.

#22 oildabz

oildabz

"You have no idea how high I can fly!"- M. Scott

• Patients
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:31 AM

need somewhere in long beach for a cheap case or somewhere i can get to via mta. king vector or power or anything clean and atleast 3x rep me
im a nug killer, i vape oils only.

#23 TheRealBoss

TheRealBoss

giving thanks...

• Patients
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:45 AM

Really...no offense but Butane Hash- how is that medicinal?  For me, I want my medicine to be as pure and in it's essence as it can be.  Adding toxins to extract when extraction can be done with water makes no sense to me IMHO.  Nothing beats a cold water extraction - again it's all in the drying and curing.

While I am on the subject - 420 Energy Drinks? Really?  What is the "medicine" in this product? If you have a known heart condition, or are taking any herbal supplements or medications that produce stimulant effects, the adjunctive use of guarana preparations may increase the risk of high blood pressure, heart attack or stroke.
(Read more: Long-term Effects Of Guarana | LIVESTRONG.COM)

"When talking about energy drink, taurine frequently enters the conversation because it is a popular ingredient that is often combined with caffeine to help produce an energy "high." Many drinks, including the current top-seller RedBull and the new product Energy Fizz, boast taurine in their lists of ingredients. However, as with all things—especially energy drinks in general—taurine is not without controversy. Although no one doubts its effectiveness in stimulating the nervous system and increasing energy, there are some who believe that taurine could have potentially negative side effects when present in high concentrations in energy drinks.
In energy drink, taurine is now believed to be nearly essential (or at least very important) in the list of ingredients. Taurine is actually an amino acid that is found in the human body—it is a natural substance that our bodily systems encounter every day. In RedBull and other energy drinks, however, the taurine is a SYNTHETIC element. There is no truth to the myth that taurine is an extract from a bull’s testicles, although this rumor has been circulating for years. Since taurine is a naturally-occurring substance, it would seem that it would not be linked to health dangers; however, the problem arises because the taurine in energy drinks is present in such high concentrations.

Another issue of concern related to taurine is the question of how taurine reacts with other ingredients, like caffeine. When given to test rats in an experimental laboratory, it was found that the taurine caused anxiety, irritability, high sensitivity to noise, and self-mutilations. However, this data does not mean that the same effects will occur in humans—the differences between rats and people are obviously substantial. On a positive note, taurine is found in many foods naturally like seafood and meat and has the beneficial properties of system detoxification and cleansing.

Overall, there are both positive and negative effects of taurine, and which side outweighs the other remains in question. Because it is included in many energy drinks, if you are concerned about its effects you should seek out a drink without taurine."
Studies have implicated synthetic taurine in illnesses ranging from high blood pressure to strokes and seizures to heart disease. For these reasons it’s been banned in some Scandinavian countries – like Switzerland – after being linked to the deaths of three consumers.
Natural Taurine is actually beneficial for the body and can be found in cows milk, meat, fish and eggs and for vegetarians it can be found seaweed. The daily dose of Taurine should be no higher than 500mg.

Information is power.

#24 adam94598

adam94598

WT Regular

• Patients
  • 249 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:23 AM

Isn't producing BHO a felony?

guest / banned