#1 SativaMan

SativaMan

WT Regular

• Patients
  • 351 posts
  • State:CA

Posted 27 May 2007 - 12:07 PM

Advertisement:
Hi I've been smoking EarWax now for about many months.At first I loved it and would put alittle dab in my bowls.It was great for my pain.I've bought it from Different Coops and started to notice that when taking a hit 1)- My Lungs were Killing me.2)- My Throat was getting Sore.3)- Was Heavily Medicated but Felt Weird in the Head, Not like Normal Bud/Hash/Etc.<p>So I read on another post that basically all EarWAX is, Is Hash Oil whipped up with BUTANE to make it the way it comes out.<p>Reading the Butane Thing freaked me out and made sense.When lighting a Bowl with Earwax in it, It would Light up like a Candle and Stay Lit till I covered it.<p>Anyway As I said I used to Love it but myself and 3 other patients I smoke with all felt the same way about the effects and dangers of the Butane.<p>One said we might as well just Spray BUTANE on our Bud.Let it dry alittle & then Smoke that.(J/K) It would be alot cheaper though but just as dangerous.<p>Also I'm not an Expert in any way but wanted to share my experiences about it.<p>Also If it is Indeed made with BUTANE I think it Should be Mandatory that The Co-ops Tell Us This as alot of people with Breathing or other Problems Should Be Aware That This Shit Has Poison In It.<p>Anyone Else Have Problems with it? Or Agree or Disagree with the Butane Logic.:faint2: :faint2: :twitch: :faint2:

#2 Guest_geniuses_*

Guest_geniuses_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2007 - 12:17 PM

could have been a bad batch. but you wont ever extract out all the butane, even in a great batch. might want to switch to water/ice hash.

#3 Soiree23

Soiree23

Mountain View in the Valley

• Patients
  • 72 posts
  • State:ca

Posted 27 May 2007 - 12:24 PM

Get a volcano.  It's perfect for earwax and it is super smooth and actually pleasant tasting for a concentrate.  I've never experienced those symptoms you speak of and I luv the wax.

#4 Guest_geniuses_*

Guest_geniuses_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2007 - 12:28 PM

Soiree23 said:

Get a volcano.  It's perfect for earwax and it is super smooth and actually pleasant tasting for a concentrate.  I've never experienced those symptoms you speak of and I luv the wax.

butane boils at room temp so if you vape it you will still consume as much butane residue as you would with a pipe or bong.

#5 handscreate

handscreate

WT Advanced Member

• Problem Users
  • 973 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 12:33 PM

You probably had a bad batch. In the future I would try vaporizing the concentrates or smoking them through a water pipe to help cool the smoke. You might find it less harsh on your throat and lungs.

The Butane (BHO) extractions, when done properly, and fully "cleaned/distilled", should not contain high enough quantities of butane to cause any concern, even for moderate - high consumers. However, if the BHO is not "finished", the BHO will spark when flame is applied and may provide the user with some undesirable effects such as harsh smoke and headaches.

#6 SativaMan

SativaMan

WT Regular

• Patients
  • 351 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 12:38 PM

handscreate said:

You probably had a bad batch. In the future I would try vaporizing the concentrates or smoking them through a water pipe to help cool the smoke. You might find it less harsh on your throat and lungs.

The Butane (BHO) extractions, when done properly, and fully "cleaned/distilled", should not contain high enough quantities of butane to cause any concern, even for moderate - high consumers. However, if the BHO is not "finished", the BHO will spark when flame is applied and may provide the user with some undesirable effects such as harsh smoke and headaches.
Thanks I guess I've been getting some Bad Batches Cause I forgot to Mention the Killer Headaches:doh:  that I got as well.:dizzy:

#7 handscreate

handscreate

WT Advanced Member

• Problem Users
  • 973 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 12:49 PM

You might want to consider speaking with the dispensaries from whom you've gotten these meds. It's possible other patients are experiencing the same symptoms. If it's a bad batch, you can assured the dispensaries would like to know, so that something can be done with the vendor, whether it's replacement or no longer using that vendor to supply them.

Maybe a little break is needed from BHO concentrates. Possibly try water, ice or traditional pressed hash or kief for a little while instead. It's possible that your lungs need a break as well. Maybe switch to edibles for a few days or a week, or incorporate them into your medicating schedule to help offset the sore throat and help you "heal" for a little bit

#8 Guest_lil_missy74_*

Guest_lil_missy74_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2007 - 12:54 PM

handscreate said:

However, if the BHO is not "finished", the BHO will spark when flame is applied

that's the key Hands......if it looks like the Fourth of July when you spark your bowl, then DONT SMOKE IT........

#9 handscreate

handscreate

WT Advanced Member

• Problem Users
  • 973 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 01:19 PM

Exactly. I like to keep my fire works and my meds separate . . . at least to the point where I'm not getting a "show" while I'm smoking :)

#10 MMM420SoCal

MMM420SoCal

Come LEGIT or GO HOME

• Patients
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 01:57 PM

lil_missy74 said:

that's the key Hands......if it looks like the Fourth of July when you spark your bowl, then DONT SMOKE IT........

Just let it stay out and evap a little longer. Butane boils at 31 degrees F at normal atmospheric pressure (14.7 PSI). If its been purged and still acts weird, then they used low grade butane (full of mercaptans)and it prolly wont kill you the first time, but its not good for you...

I MUCH prefer something made with 191proof everclear... ethanol = wont kill you if residue left over. Or denatured or ISO as a 2nd choice. M3 knows his concentrates and yer boy dont like BHO... Yeck.

Respekt :hippie:

El eme tres :whistle:
Click HERE to help Stephanie Landa in her MMJ fight for justice

WeedTRACKER rules

MMM420socal@yahoo.com  if you can't get me on WT, you can get me there... Stay up 'trackers!!

#11 7leafclover

7leafclover

WT Advanced Member

• Patients
  • 644 posts
  • Patient:Yes
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:No

Posted 10 June 2007 - 09:53 PM

i kno this isnt about earwax but its related to the topic-
there are a few co-ops that have recently been offering something called 'morrocan' hash:suspicious: . i kno that it isnt actually from morroco but this stuff is nothing like regular hash of any sort ive ever encountered. its dark brown and looks like pressed brown sugar kind of, sorta like loose grainy bubble, its very soft when you mush it between your fingers. when a flame is put to it, it smells like burning tires and starts to bubble like soapy water!- is anyone familliar with this stuff? this cant be good for you, :sick: it gave me an awful headache like standing behind a bus.:dizzy:
:noidea: any info on this would greatly be appreciated, thx

#12 Knottyone

Knottyone

Crohn's Patient

• Patients
  • 889 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 10:35 PM

7leafclover said:

i kno this isnt about earwax but its related to the topic-
there are a few co-ops that have recently been offering something called 'morrocan' hash:suspicious: . i kno that it isnt actually from morroco but this stuff is nothing like regular hash of any sort ive ever encountered. its dark brown and looks like pressed brown sugar kind of, sorta like loose grainy bubble, its very soft when you mush it between your fingers. when a flame is put to it, it smells like burning tires and starts to bubble like soapy water!- is anyone familliar with this stuff? this cant be good for you, :sick: it gave me an awful headache like standing behind a bus.:dizzy:
:noidea: any info on this would greatly be appreciated, thx

sounds like soapbar from england...

#13 7leafclover

7leafclover

WT Advanced Member

• Patients
  • 644 posts
  • Patient:Yes
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:No

Posted 10 June 2007 - 11:40 PM

Knottyone said:

sounds like soapbar from england...

ohhhh man, i sure hope not. ive heard thats some baaaddd
stuff. but it couldnt be, i mean if its something similar, it shouldnt be offered to we patients who may become ill from impurities. i mean, when does the dollar actually replace ethics? this is supposed to be 'safe' access to our meds. so why would we want access to 'un-safe' meds after all...? maybe i just opened a can of worms but this isnt the kind of thing to be silent about, i hope others agree that a quick buck shouldnt be at the expense of the suffering.

#14 stealthviper

stealthviper

Old School Cannabis Tester/AKA damudbug

• Patients
  • 785 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 01:12 AM

I was given a couple of grams of soapbar, called "Lillypad" at the time.  It had a real soapy taste, and I had to throw out the container.  It did get me real medicated, though.  I just wouldn't smoke it again on purpose...

The more traditional forms of hash (Lebanese, Nepalese, Afghani, kief) do not contain BHO.  I don't know from the melts.  Most forms of kief and hash will do the "light up like a candle" trick, and that is why traditional hashpipes from the middle and far east frequently have a lid.  If you want to avoid the "candle" vibe, try using a phaedor, or vaping.

I myself prefer the more traditional forms, my absolute fave being Nepalese Temple Balls, but I will have to wait until I go to Amsterdam later this year to sample those....

#15 pushinweight

pushinweight

WT Advanced Member

• Patients
  • 861 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 12:01 PM

w.e.e.d has some of the  cleanest concentrates i've seen..alot of co ops don't pay attention to concentrates as much as they do weed therefore chances are the concentrates are poorly made with a large residu and mold build all over them, check out cornerstone research for their black seed hash, its the cleanest i've ever had...thc has great concentrates as well :hippie:

#16 Guest_3twentyfizzive_*

Guest_3twentyfizzive_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:40 AM

i hate butane

#17 hookah

hookah

Pay It Forward

• Patients
  • 227 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:00 AM

THERE'S A TON OF GREAT REPLYS ON THIS PAGE BUT LET'S SIMPLIFY IT:

BUTANE! VERY VERY VERY VERY BAD!

NO MATTER HOW MUCH A PERSON CLAIMS IT'S BEEN PURGED, IT WAS CREATED WITH BUTANE.

I ENJOY A NICE HASH OIL OR EARWAX JUST LIKE THE REST OF US, BUT I'VE MADE A CONSCIOUS DECISION TO AVOID ANYTHING MADE WITH BUTANE.

SIMPLY NOT WORTH IT...THIS IS YOUR HEALTH WE'RE TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE!

HOOK
:sick:
"Try not. Do or do not, there is no try."--Yoda
ĽAll comments are in accordance and compliance with prop 215 & SB 420 CA Health & Safety Code Section 11362.5 & the medical marijuana immunity law passed by the California legislature, HS 11362.77.

#18 gcguy

gcguy

Banned

• Banned
  • 420 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:05 AM

ive been trying to warn wters about this since day one. buy your wax at rdc, its made by buddah himself. we flash all the butane out. every co op is trying to make it themselves nowadays, thats why you see it on the news more and more(houses blowing up). the shop up the street is making their own buddah,the owners girlfriend makes it w residule butane  still in it, its sooo very dangerous to smoke. she told me in a post and pm that she is sure she knows how to make it, but when i asked her, she was using regular lighter fluid(very toxic) she flashes it on a stove, makes it with 3 kids in her house. im sure youll see her on the news someday!(p.s. the same lady who preaches its ok to smoke all the weed you want while pregnant)  dont try to make buddahs, leave this up to the experts. dont come on wt telling howto make it if you dont know. dont smoke buddah that crackles and flares up when lit. please dont try to make buddah, please.we have lost 4 wters lives making buddah. dont do it!
I work for RDC.

INFRACTION MAGNET:mad2:

#19 Guest_koughingwithkoffee_*

Guest_koughingwithkoffee_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:13 AM

gcguy said:

ive been trying to warn wters about this since day one. buy your wax at rdc, its made by buddah himself. we flash all the butane out. every co op is trying to make it themselves nowadays, thats why you see it on the news more and more(houses blowing up). the shop up the street is making their own buddah,the owners girlfriend makes it w residule butane  still in it, its sooo very dangerous to smoke. she told me in a post and pm that she is sure she knows how to make it, but when i asked her, she was using regular lighter fluid(very toxic) she flashes it on a stove, makes it with 3 kids in her house. im sure youll see her on the news someday!(p.s. the same lady who preaches its ok to smoke all the weed you want while pregnant)  dont try to make buddahs, leave this up to the experts. dont come on wt telling howto make it if you dont know. dont smoke buddah that crackles and flares up when lit. please dont try to make buddah, please.we have lost 4 wters lives making buddah. dont do it!

You are in violation of WeedTRACKER rule 2C.1 - no sexist, racist, bigoted, or otherwise OFFENSIVE posts to any other user, co-op, or co-op employee. Please do not mention any other users or co-ops, by name or inference, as it is considered attacking other users. You have received an infraction.

#20 Guest_Compassion King_*

Guest_Compassion King_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:30 AM

gcguy said:

We do not make are own Earwax...You keep talking about us for know reason.I really hope it makes you feel better..All we do is support the MMJ community..You know this just lets the community see the real person...We have so much love and support from the MMJ community...thank you ..I wish you the best.....much love....

#21 Guest_lil_missy74_*

Guest_lil_missy74_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:34 AM

gcguy said:

the shop up the street is making their own buddah,the owners girlfriend makes it w residule butane  still in it, its sooo very dangerous to smoke. she told me in a post and pm that she is sure she knows how to make it, but when i asked her, she was using regular lighter fluid(very toxic) she flashes it on a stove, makes it with 3 kids in her house.
you continue to tell lies gcguy.  first of all the shop you are talking about DOES NOT make their own ear wax.....you and i have NEVER had a discussion in person, by post or PM about ear wax.....and you most definately have no idea what goes on around my children........

gcguy said:

p.s. the same lady who preaches its ok to smoke all the weed you want while pregnant
if you read my thread about this topic, you will see that is clearly NOT what i said, i said IN MODERATION UNDER DOCTORS SUPERVISION.....:doh:

seriously, don't you have some race or something else to do other than harrass me??

#22 Guest_koughingwithkoffee_*

Guest_koughingwithkoffee_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:40 AM

This thread has gone FAR off topic and I think the original question has been answered so time to close it down.

guest / banned