• Patients
  • 1,542 posts
  • State:CA
  • Patient:Yes
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:No

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:14 AM

Advertisement:
I have alot of gunky resin in my pipe and was thinking about cleaning it out...I hate to waste it...I don't like to cook...but I suppose I can put it in brownies or something, maybe? Or do I just smoke it? Any ideas would be nice. Thanks. :-)

#2 ameeli

ameeli

WT Regular

• Patients
  • 185 posts
  • State:ca

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:19 AM

When times are desperate, you could resort to smoking it? Won't taste that good, but it will definitely get you very medicated. :heh:

"Excuse me while I light my spliff..."

#3 EarthMama

EarthMama

Peace To ALL BEINGS

• Patients
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:20 AM

Cool! Thanks...

#4 stryfe_2009

stryfe_2009

WT Regular

• Patients
  • 610 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:23 AM

I agree...will not taste good at all, but when times are tough...you gotta do what you gotta do.

I dont suggest cooking with it, period!
"When the stress burns my brain just like acid raindrops, maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop"

-People Under the Stairs
:smokin:

#5 pokealotasmot

pokealotasmot

I aint smokin no more, but I aint smokin no less.

• Patients
  • 724 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:27 AM

I just throw my resin out.  When i have smoked resin sometimes i find that it can give me a headache.  Thats why i only smoke nice flowers to get rid of my migraines.  I find that resin makes it worse sometimes.
♪♫♫♪♪♫♪

#6 Greenbud

Greenbud

WT Senior Member

• Patients
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:35 AM

I've found it makes great glue and works much better than boogers.:thumb:

GB
:couch2:

#7 TastyBuds

TastyBuds

Bong Whisperer

• Patients
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:37 AM

I would highly suggest packing it into the trashcan. awwww the memories lol

#8 EarthMama

EarthMama

Peace To ALL BEINGS

• Patients
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:40 AM

So, I should just throw it out...It looks so good and I have so much of it! I hate to do that...But...I'm thinking of keeping it in a keif jar, i used to have keif in...Then, I'll try smoking it and if it isn't any good, I'll throw it out...

#9 custom

custom

Photo (Grapher)

• Patients
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:44 AM

PLEASE DO Not SMOKE RESIN!!!

please please please  lol

unless your completely broke and out of flowers

its so bad tasting and just all the BAD STUFF lol

i used to smoke resin when i was broke and i havent done it since  

cant stand even the thought of it lol

#10 kennabis

kennabis

*son of the sun*

• Patients
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:47 AM

i use pipe resin for fixing holes in the roof of my shed. :doh:

just kenning around, in all actuallity, as i clean my smoking utensil daily, there is never a chance for resin build up. i suggest ya'll do the same....

:kiss:
"blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly..."

#11 tanja

tanja

WT Advanced Member

• Patients
  • 508 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:24 AM

this is my worst thing. Just cleaned my pipe yesterday and it was bad. Ive also smoked resin before and it can get you high but you must also watch out , the smoking utensil can become very hot!
How does one go about daily cleaning anyway?
you may see me tonite , with that illegal smile, it dont cost very  much , but it lasts me awhile.
Please tell the man I didnt kill any one . Im just trying to have me some fun.  J. P. circia 2007:hippie:

#12 *~KultuRe~*

*~KultuRe~*

TO DIE LIKE A GANGSTER

• Patients
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:24 AM

EarthMama said:

So, I should just throw it out...It looks so good and I have so much of it! I hate to do that...But...I'm thinking of keeping it in a keif jar, i used to have keif in...Then, I'll try smoking it and if it isn't any good, I'll throw it out...

I would advise against smoking the resin.
The resin isn't really "resin". It's tar that is leftover from the smoke, combined with ash and all sorts of dirty other stuff left over from the combustion of your medicinal cannabis. I understand that sometimes when you're outta meds you feel like you "gotta do what you gotta do" but honestly, I cannot think of a worse thing you could do for yourself than smoking the resin. It is all of the bad stuff from the combustion of MMJ, and taking that stuff and combusting THAT and inhaling that....whew :dizzy: :der: :faint: :sick:

Like Kennabis said, it's actually better to clean your pipe everyday. Having a ton of resin in your piece like that can probably absorb some of the THC that you drag through there everytime. Having a completely clean piece will help you feel much more medicated quickly, I promise. Once I started cleaning my piece, I couldn't stop, I noticed that much of a difference. Sometimes I clean it twice a day :tortue-musique:

Puttin' a bullet in motherfucker's, gimme a reason.

MY STEEL.
.38 COLT.

Posted Image

#13 *~KultuRe~*

*~KultuRe~*

TO DIE LIKE A GANGSTER

• Patients
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:27 AM

How does one go about daily cleaning anyway?

At the end of the day, I like to put my pipe in a cup of warm water and put a ton of salt in. In the morning, a lot of the "gunk" will have floated out, and you can scrape the sides and have a completely new piece again. My shines like the day it did when I first got it two years ago! You'll need a lotta salt though.

For a bong, same principle, but just fill it up with warm salt water. You can also purchase 420 cleaners, however, I found that this can be cheaper and easier.

Puttin' a bullet in motherfucker's, gimme a reason.

MY STEEL.
.38 COLT.

Posted Image

#14 chronicfriend

chronicfriend

Essence Of Creation

• Patients
  • 900 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:35 AM

custom said:

PLEASE DO Not SMOKE RESIN!!!

please please please  lol

unless your completely broke and out of flowers

its so bad tasting and just all the BAD STUFF lol

i used to smoke resin when i was broke and i havent done it since  

cant stand even the thought of it lol
what he said.

i can't even believe people are advocating smoking resin in this thread. it is so disgusting and it's terrible for your lungs. before i got my job i was broke and didn't even have my doctors rec, i was always scraping my pieces and smoking bowl after bowl of black nastiness....my lungs started to give me pains, and honestly the resin doesn't even give that great of a high. for me it was always accompanied by a headache. i decided to quit with that shit when i got my doctor's rec and my job. the only thing i would use resin for nowadays is for a tiny bit of relief (ie, one or two hits max) and only as a last resort. but hopefully never again.

edit: almost forgot. i have a friend who loves smoking resin and he has bronchitis now. nuff said.

Edited by chronicfriend, 31 October 2009 - 10:47 AM.

#15 Medpatient

Medpatient

Banned

• Banned
  • 4,561 posts
  • State:Ca

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:40 AM

I would not smoke it or do anything with it other than throw it out. The resin is the left over nasties and you definitely do not want that stuff in your lungs.
Posted Image

All Orange county reviews are based on the average of orange county quality

#16 labrat

labrat

Reel stoned

• Collective Associate
  • 4,200 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:45 AM

i pack the bearings on my boat trailer with it!!! peace lab rat:frusty:
old school,eat me iam a benny ,blow me iam a joint!!!

#17 ameeli

ameeli

WT Regular

• Patients
  • 185 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:55 AM

Yeah.. sorry, it does give you a headache. I wouldnt recommend it, but like I said when times were tough.. its what I resorted to. My bad my bad.

"Excuse me while I light my spliff..."

#18 westcoastin09

westcoastin09

Hi, Im New!

• Collectives
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:56 AM

i definately say jus smoke it when times are desperate

#19 Medpatient

Medpatient

Banned

• Banned
  • 4,561 posts
  • State:Ca

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:42 AM

westcoastin09 said:

i definately say jus smoke it when times are desperate

so you recommend someone smoke resin that contains tar in it so that it is inhaled into their lungs.

Look man you may not care about your health but please don't recommend someone else destroying themselves as well.
Posted Image

All Orange county reviews are based on the average of orange county quality

#20 Col. Kif

Col. Kif

Independant Consultant & Breeder

• Vendors
  • 450 posts
  • Vendor:Yes

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:17 PM

Hopefully you all get a giggle from this...

I used to be such a pot-miser that after every 1/2 oz or so, I'd always scrape scrape scrape.... sometimes an hour of scraping.  I even have one of those old school pipes with a bud chamber to collect the resins.

And of course I'd always smoke it, get a headachy high, tated like well...smoking tar.

Then came an age of elightenment....  I no longer had to worry about going to jail for relieving my pain. Of course my pot-miser habits formed again and with glass being so cheap... I got a good glass pipe. I smoked easily 2 oz's from it.  It went from pretty and colorful to a uniform dark black-green because of all the sticky resin.  I was sure I had a resin gold mine... so I go to scrape it....

And I realize shortly thereafter... its about impossible to do so because of all the curves and nooks and such. So I put it aside and forget about it for a couple months.  So I get this brilliant idea.... the resin is very dry now so If i can't scrape it... I can use heat to make it flow... so out comes the pencil butane torch and a pair of pliers.  I heat it up and melt it, making it flow to the area under the bowl.

I let it cool and congeal again... then hit it directly with the torch and take a big ol toke...  It was as nasty tasting as you can imagine.  It also ignited inside the pipe, under the bowl.... its too hot to hold and getting hotter....

I lit the inside of the pipe and it continued to burn. It burned so hot in that small area that it shattered the pipe.

After that I dejectedly bought a new glass bubbler and with fresh meds took the first toke... and the clean skunky sweet smell and taste bloomed. Clean slowly expanding smoke filled my lungs and didn't hurt.

I was hooked on that fresh taste from that moment forward. When i look at all the time I wasted, I realized that even if I was short, I could pull and extra $10-15 bux and get a good gram or two or a nice edible, instead of smoking resin.

Clean daily and you won't regret "missing out" on the resin hits.

#21 EarthMama

EarthMama

Peace To ALL BEINGS

• Patients
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 03:13 PM

chronicfriend said:

what he said.

i can't even believe people are advocating smoking resin in this thread. it is so disgusting and it's terrible for your lungs. before i got my job i was broke and didn't even have my doctors rec, i was always scraping my pieces and smoking bowl after bowl of black nastiness....my lungs started to give me pains, and honestly the resin doesn't even give that great of a high. for me it was always accompanied by a headache. i decided to quit with that shit when i got my doctor's rec and my job. the only thing i would use resin for nowadays is for a tiny bit of relief (ie, one or two hits max) and only as a last resort. but hopefully never again.

edit: almost forgot. i have a friend who loves smoking resin and he has bronchitis now. nuff said.

OMG! I'm so sorry if I offended anyone...I just didn't know what to do with the resin...Not meaning to "Advocate" smoking it! :doh: I had no idea it would be labeled as "disgusting" Wow...One just never knows...I appologize...I didn't know it was so bad for one's lungs......:grouphug: :hippie:

Edited by EarthMama, 06 November 2009 - 07:44 AM.

#22 EarthMama

EarthMama

Peace To ALL BEINGS

• Patients
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:43 PM

OK...I read up on how to clean a glass pie on WTer and decided that nasty resin isn't good for much. I'm soaking the pipe in 91% Isopropyl alcohol and salt...Just cleaned my bong, too. Thanks for the input everybody...It helped...:hippie:

P.S. I did save a large clump of resin, though, from my glass pipe. It looked like hash...So I saved it!

Edited by EarthMama, 07 November 2009 - 08:43 AM.

#23 sco_pet

sco_pet

Somewhere In The Clouds

• Patients
  • 3,907 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 03:17 AM

EarthMama said:

I have alot of gunky resin in my pipe and was thinking about cleaning it out...I hate to waste it...I don't like to cook...but I suppose I can put it in brownies or something, maybe? Or do I just smoke it? Any ideas would be nice. Thanks. :-)

Easy..................

Throw it away!!! :hippie:
"Still Bud Huntin"Posted Image<----  ???? OG

#24 kirbykush

kirbykush

any colour you like

• Patients
  • 392 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 04:21 AM

i throw that shit in the trash!! haha =D
don't be afraid to care...:star-wars-smiley-54

#25 codeman420

codeman420

^^ Is on the moon....

• Patients
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 08:16 AM

Trash it.  After doing what research I could on resin, it is in fact tar.
Bud Connoisnob

guest / banned