AlekiBoy

Howzzit!! I'm High!

• Patients
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • State:HI

Posted 19 September 2010 - 02:35 PM

roguepoet said:

it's interesting in Cali I was talking to a dispensary owner...since medicine is most often grown indoors, everyone is going for the 7-8 week finishers...the heavy sativa types are not popular since they can take so much longer to finish...sunshine is free, so folks don't mind taking longer...

Sunshine is free yet we are limited to growing 7 plants
I grow strictly outdoors on my property within the limit and I have found it more effective to grow the indica dominant hybrids (pre98 bubba, Purple Ape, Mosca's sonic fly, Cali ogs) that are 4-5 week finishers...

Also if you are looking at it from a clinical perspective, Indica's tend to be better for pain relief, appetite stimulation, nausea mitigation ...  While Sativa's are utilized more for psychological issues ie depression,  

California recognizes both pain mitigation and psychological issues while Hawaii leans towards MMJ as a pain reliever... I had to show 3 generations of Doctor's documentation on my Crohn's to get my card..

I would love to hear someone support the argument that Sativas or Sativa dominants are more effective for pain management..  

Malama

#27 reuben808

reuben808

Hi, Im New!

• Patients
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 02:10 AM

Not sure what the popular strains are here as I am a new medical cannabis patient on Oahu.  I do know that for me it's hard to get anything medical grade.  Any suggestions from anyone else on the board.  I think I sure have to expand my circle of friends......:ohwell:

#28 Shankar

Shankar

HH - Himalayas

• Patients
  • 657 posts
  • State:CA

Posted 25 December 2010 - 08:51 AM

I don't know if it still exists, but when I lived in Kauai the best strain was Kauai Electric. Probably the most beautiful looking bud I've ever seen.
Peace

Shankar      

Posted Image

"When you think positive, difficult things become easy. When you think negative, easy things become difficult." Dalai Lama

#29 badchild

badchild

WT Regular

• Patients
  • 324 posts
  • State:ca
  • Patient:Yes
  • Vendor:Yes
  • Collective or Dispensary:No

Posted 25 December 2010 - 02:26 PM

Da Kryp Kine , Elmers and Oregano from da waianae braddahs    lol
Sheep get upset, when they see another on the otherside of the fence , Those with eyes will see, those with ears shall hear

"Confucius Kennabis"

#30 Badmf

Badmf

"Servin' Great Bud Since '65"

• Vendors
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:03 PM

Thanx Brahs, I love the islands and may re-tire lol. Too broke for now anywayz outdoorz started here with LED battery flashlite setup to keep veg goin, yes, this is another Badmf experiment, lol, so we'll see if they hold or start buddin'. Dropped SFV og and Skywalker. Herijuana will go in a couple weeks. Only three strains this season. Mahalo to all who thook time to drop some input! Aloha Bad...
Cali-Grow School

#31 stickydubs

stickydubs

Hi, Im New!

• Collectives
  • 50 posts
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:Yes

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:27 PM

View Postroguepoet, on 18 September 2010 - 02:03 PM, said:

it's interesting in Cali I was talking to a dispensary owner...since medicine is most often grown indoors, everyone is going for the 7-8 week finishers...the heavy sativa types are not popular since they can take so much longer to finish...sunshine is free, so folks don't mind taking longer...

you have it backwards Sativa's take longer to finish.....and Inidca's take about 7 - 8 weeks...

#32 tommytoo

tommytoo

Hi, Im New!

• Patients
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • State:wa

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:34 AM

View PostBadmf, on 05 August 2009 - 04:12 PM, said:

WHATS THE MOST POPULAR STRAIN? Aloha! Different growing areas and patients seem to prefer a variety of medications, whats yours? Mahalo! Bad...:hippie:
                            I Myself  like Ash-Plant Its very Tasty And strong Medication It really helps my crunic  Pain.{Sorry about my spilling}

Edited by tommytoo, 26 March 2011 - 06:35 AM.

Tommytoo:doh:

#33 Papasmurf13

Papasmurf13

What's so funny bout peace love and understanding.

• Patients
  • 373 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:23 AM

I remember the Puna bud from the Maili Point area back in the 80's never have had anything else that's even comes close. Aloha ;) from da mainland
Mushroom,Catapillars ,Dew Drops in the Garden.

#34 420bunny

420bunny

WT Advanced Member

• Patients
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:12 PM

Absolutely no quality meds on the island-Kauai. The strongest indica
resembles mendo purps very so so. Very very rare to find any quality
the good stuff is kept quite and only distributed to friends and family.

Hopefully I will be adopted soon.

#35 AlekiBoy

AlekiBoy

Howzzit!! I'm High!

• Patients
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:01 PM

View Post420bunny, on 14 April 2011 - 12:12 PM, said:

Absolutely no quality meds on the island-Kauai. The strongest indica
resembles mendo purps very so so. Very very rare to find any quality
the good stuff is kept quite and only distributed to friends and family.

Hopefully I will be adopted soon.

Plenty of top tier herb on Kauai... unfortunately you are on the island with the least amount of Aloha..
Hopefully you meet the right people..

#36 OahuBud

OahuBud

Hi, Im New!

• Patients
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

aloha! I'm on Oahu... Interesting to hear about some of the other local stuff!.. I would say my favorite island sativa is Plumeria. Not sure on island indica... The only one I know is prolly Big Island White Widow..

I have no clue how the smoke is.. But I have some cuttings from a friend of a hawaiian indica called Kona Coffee.. Don't know much more than its from the big island, and its indica.

Also have a Kauai High going, and a good number of Kauai Electric seeds... Hopefully they end up being special.

If you don't grow yourself, or are apart of a "growing family".. Its tough as a medical user in hawaii. The cost for anything in the islands is outrageous.

#37 Badmf

Badmf

"Servin' Great Bud Since '65"

• Vendors
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

Thanks to all! Mahalo! I am collecting land races to preserve them and continue their essences in breeding. Play this for your plants;
Cali-Grow School

guest / banned