#1 SKUNKMEISTER

SKUNKMEISTER

Yes THE SKUNKMEISTER

• Collectives
  • 51 posts
  • State:co

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:59 AM

Advertisement:
I have seen some complaints,comments and what not on us verses Cali. Let me see if I can help put some crap to rest. California has Prop 215 we have Amendment 20. Does anyone know the difference and why Cali is in the news more? Let me shed some light, from my viewpoint. Amendment 20 is an amendment to our Colorado constitution, basically we added something to our state constitution which makes it state law. California on the other hand has not, theirs is just a proposition meaning it has not been amended yet(good chance that will take some time,based on recent votes) to their constitution, so hence no state law and that is why you have Cali in the news all the time because so many state or county agencies can not only question the prop but not adhere to it. Hence the dispensary problems in so many counties and all of the patient arrests. Don't see that here in Colorado we get left alone for the most part. Also Cali has some counties that have actual Cannabis laws on the books for growing and consuming like Medacino County, which by the way that county is working at retracting that law because they feel it is shameful that their community is based around cannabis growing. Ummm hundreds of millions of dollars in taxes and what not for the county from the cannabis community and that is shameful? Freakin morons. So basically to sum it up from my point of view Cali is taking the stance that "If we put cannabis in everyone's face they will grow to love & accept it & amend it" then that should stop all the crap, maybe. We shall see I guess. Last but not least I left Cali for a few reasons, and their wild Cannabis stand point was not enough to make me stay, we have it way better here, more controlled in my opinion. Thanks Everyone for letting me vent.

#2 ps-med

ps-med

WT Advanced Member

• Patients
  • 693 posts
  • State:CA
  • Patient:Yes
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:No

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:19 PM

So California just needs to pass an Amendment and then we will be left alone?  Maybe.  Couldn't hurt.  The most recent polls show >50% approval for MMJ.

#3 SKUNKMEISTER

SKUNKMEISTER

Yes THE SKUNKMEISTER

• Collectives
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:42 AM

Yes that is correct. The 50% is true if not higher, but nobody wants to show up and vote for stuff just smoke and hope that the government will just give in. Not sure if that will work, hasn't so far.

#4 pokealotasmot

pokealotasmot

I aint smokin no more, but I aint smokin no less.

• Patients
  • 724 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:06 AM

Interesting read. Thanks for the cool info.
♪♫♫♪♪♫♪

#5 SKUNKMEISTER

SKUNKMEISTER

Yes THE SKUNKMEISTER

• Collectives
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 05:14 PM

No problem guys, glad to help. I am just tired of folks comparing us to them, they have a long way to go before they have it the way we do. I would be terrified if I still lived there and was a patient, you might as well not even bother with a recommendation from a doc, does no good there, you still get messed with.
I work with Delta-Med Caregivers Δ9

#6 Atoodope

Atoodope

backyard botanist

• Patients
  • 519 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:14 AM

SKUNKMEISTER said:

No problem guys, glad to help. I am just tired of folks comparing us to them, they have a long way to go before they have it the way we do. I would be terrified if I still lived there and was a patient, you might as well not even bother with a recommendation from a doc, does no good there, you still get messed with.

now, while I do agree with you that our current set up is in the premature phase, I would like to argue the point of Doctors recommendations. Now, I will give you that their are ALOT(and I do stress alot) of doctors that are shady, no good, and will prescribe you for stubbing your toe(gross exxageration but you get the point). However, for every single one of those doctors their is an equal number of those who care, and who are truely trying to help us "real patients"(which is a bullshit term in my opinion) get the medicine we need. and they WILL fight for their patients. and not all LEO's are prone to taking your doctors rec and wiping their ass with it:001_tt2:, just some of em:cursing:

ATooDope

once you get a marijuana smoker talking,

they never shut up

-Doug benson

#7 Jeffster

Jeffster

We decide which is right, and which is an illusion

• Patients
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:21 AM

Do MMJ patients in Colorado have to grow their own or have someone grow directly for them?  I mean, is the dispensary system in CO not like it is in SoCal?  One of the reasons that SoCal may make the news more often is because of the dispensary system.  I've read that SoCal has more dispensaries serving MMJ patients than the number of MJ coffee houses in Amsterdam.  That's at least part of what makes it newsworthy, the sheer magnitude of the situation.

#8 SKUNKMEISTER

SKUNKMEISTER

Yes THE SKUNKMEISTER

• Collectives
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 10:54 PM

Atoodope said:

now, while I do agree with you that our current set up is in the premature phase, I would like to argue the point of Doctors recommendations. Now, I will give you that their are ALOT(and I do stress alot) of doctors that are shady, no good, and will prescribe you for stubbing your toe(gross exxageration but you get the point). However, for every single one of those doctors their is an equal number of those who care, and who are truely trying to help us "real patients"(which is a bullshit term in my opinion) get the medicine we need. and they WILL fight for their patients. and not all LEO's are prone to taking your doctors rec and wiping their ass with it:001_tt2:, just some of em:cursing:

ATooDope

I was actually referring to law enforcement on this one, they disregard the patients rights and interpret federal law which they can't do since they are state employees, I have heard of some "Law Abiding" cops in Cali. Only DEA & FBI and so on can do this, technically. I believe most doc's out there are good folks, they are extreme, but good folks never the less.

#9 SKUNKMEISTER

SKUNKMEISTER

Yes THE SKUNKMEISTER

• Collectives
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:06 PM

Jeffster said:

Do MMJ patients in Colorado have to grow their own or have someone grow directly for them?  I mean, is the dispensary system in CO not like it is in SoCal?  One of the reasons that SoCal may make the news more often is because of the dispensary system.  I've read that SoCal has more dispensaries serving MMJ patients than the number of MJ coffee houses in Amsterdam.  That's at least part of what makes it newsworthy, the sheer magnitude of the situation.

Yes the system is the same, if you will, the only difference is we are allowed to do it by law, and a patient can grow themselves or have a caregiver or dispensary do it for them, patients choice & they don't have to choose when they are signed they can take their time if they want, and check to see what is out there. Also we are not as densely populated as Cali so therefore we will take a little longer to catch up to their current status as far as dispensaries go, not to mention we are more spread out into rural areas. However with today's precedings and the Board of Health ruling against the proposed changes to Amendment 20(which we found out it is against the law to do so, good choice Board of Health) the dispensary biz is going to boom here. We(M.C.R) plan on taking over the Northern part of the state to start.....hahaha!

Edited by SKUNKMEISTER, 20 July 2009 - 11:10 PM.
because you let me...haha!!

#10 DaveMyster

DaveMyster

Livin' high at 10k

• Patients
  • 175 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:08 PM

I'm moving to colorado..yippee!

#11 Jeffster

Jeffster

We decide which is right, and which is an illusion

• Patients
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:28 AM

Congrats to all the MMJ patients and providers in CO!  May you grow it really big.  :-)

#12 SKUNKMEISTER

SKUNKMEISTER

Yes THE SKUNKMEISTER

• Collectives
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:16 AM

herbologist said:

we won and that's what counts.

yes it does!!!

#13 kalikilla

kalikilla

Fight Gear

• Patients
  • 573 posts
  • State:ca

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:20 AM

it must be easier to grow indoors in colorado because it is freezing! no realy freezing im moving to colorado too!

#14 SKUNKMEISTER

SKUNKMEISTER

Yes THE SKUNKMEISTER

• Collectives
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:31 PM

kalikilla said:

it must be easier to grow indoors in colorado because it is freezing! no realy freezing im moving to colorado too!

It is always easier to warm up than cool off. Keeping the temp down, here in the summer is harder than keeping it warm in the winter. Just my exp.

#15 DaveMyster

DaveMyster

Livin' high at 10k

• Patients
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:49 PM

SKUNKMEISTER said:

It is always easier to warm up than cool off. Keeping the temp down, here in the summer is harder than keeping it warm in the winter. Just my exp.
Its 100x worse is california. I'm looking forward to being back in colorado this coming wednesday

#16 BigBear420247

BigBear420247

Hi, Im New!

• Patients
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:01 AM

hopefully you brought some genetics with you from cali, from what I heard the quality and prices of everything at the despensarys in CO suck ass

#17 SKUNKMEISTER

SKUNKMEISTER

Yes THE SKUNKMEISTER

• Collectives
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:23 AM

BigBear420247 said:

hopefully you brought some genetics with you from cali, from what I heard the quality and prices of everything at the despensarys in CO suck ass

Ummm actually I would put any medication we have against Cali any day of the week. Also our dispensaries get it right and don't rip people off, not to mention here when you walk out of a dispensary you can make it home to smoke and don't have to worry about dumbass cops messing with you as soon as you hit the concrete.

#18 custom

custom

Photo (Grapher)

• Patients
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:27 AM

is this sumthing we really need to fight about ?

do we need another locked thread?

lol

#19 SKUNKMEISTER

SKUNKMEISTER

Yes THE SKUNKMEISTER

• Collectives
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:34 AM

I was never looking to fight, but I seem to bring that out in people and I am very passionate about stuff so it's a bad combo. Guess I will just keep my mouth shut.

#20 Puff Now Pay Later

Puff Now Pay Later

ONE BAD-AZZ MONKEY!

• Patients
  • 651 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:00 AM

Sounds like you guys in CO are doing BIG things.:thumb: That's awesome.:thumb: I'm making my way up near Montrose sometime this year. Any good spots up there?
I beg your pardon
if you're offended by my garden
but I simply cannot grow Prozac in my yard!:der:

#21 SKUNKMEISTER

SKUNKMEISTER

Yes THE SKUNKMEISTER

• Collectives
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:53 AM

Puff Now Pay Later said:

Sounds like you guys in CO are doing BIG things.:thumb: That's awesome.:thumb: I'm making my way up near Montrose sometime this year. Any good spots up there?

In regards to Dispensaries, no. Montrose is populated but not like the major cities so finding dispensaries is going to be a challenge. I am sure there are some good Caregivers in that area that would be able to help. If not there are lots of us in the state that help you out some way or another.

#22 DaveMyster

DaveMyster

Livin' high at 10k

• Patients
  • 175 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:10 AM

herbologist said:

welcome back if we can assist you in any way ,719-633-7124 We offer clones,seeds and plenty of other items you will need.
                               Be well,Be safe.herbologist :tortue-musique:

Right on! I'll give you a call in a few days. And yes I brought some genetics with me, hopefully I can make something of it.

#23 BigBear420247

BigBear420247

Hi, Im New!

• Patients
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:38 AM

ummmm actually I just got back from colorado a few of my friends are patients there I saw and smoked some of the best med's you're clubs had to offer. Some decent over priced purps and a bunch of made up names for strains a bunch of BC a few decent local strains thats about it, just be stoked you guys have clubs. you still have a long way to go till you get all the genetics acumilated in the west coast, weve had clubs here for ten years so we know what were doing out here a little more than you guys, no offense. Do you guys have clubs with 45 dollar caps for name brand high quality genetics and smoking lounges lounges? If you do my friends dont know where there at so please inform.

And whats this nonsence about hitting the streets and getting arrested? Dude theres about 600 clubs just here in LA, its practaly decriminalized its a part of our economy, do you really think cops are gonna mess with us for no reason? Sorry bro but, CALI WINS HANDS DOWN.

#24 DaveMyster

DaveMyster

Livin' high at 10k

• Patients
  • 175 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:30 PM

BigBear420247 said:

ummmm actually I just got back from colorado a few of my friends are patients there I saw and smoked some of the best med's you're clubs had to offer. Some decent over priced purps and a bunch of made up names for strains a bunch of BC a few decent local strains thats about it, just be stoked you guys have clubs. you still have a long way to go till you get all the genetics acumilated in the west coast, weve had clubs here for ten years so we know what were doing out here a little more than you guys, no offense. Do you guys have clubs with 45 dollar caps for name brand high quality genetics and smoking lounges lounges? If you do my friends dont know where there at so please inform.

And whats this nonsence about hitting the streets and getting arrested? Dude theres about 600 clubs just here in LA, its practaly decriminalized its a part of our economy, do you really think cops are gonna mess with us for no reason? Sorry bro but, CALI WINS HANDS DOWN.
Your mistaken if you think LAPD and San Bernandino Police are chill with medical marijuana. And I've been followed by lapd upon leaving a parking lot with a collective in the shopping center. I was pulled over because my license plate was not proper illuminated. They confiscated my medicine and threw a smoking device into a middle school. Your straight trippen about the boasting your doing. The only thing cali has better is the weed. The laws and people are unmeasurably nicer. I had fun ranting, that is all.

#25 ZENITH

ZENITH

• Patients
  • 1,585 posts
  • Patient:Yes
  • Vendor:No
  • Collective or Dispensary:No

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:52 PM

WHEW...

I thought this was about medical cannabis potency??

ya ..wait till the country makes it legal!!

then we will see the real dank!!

guest / banned