COMMUNITY GUIDELINES & RULES
Welcome to WeedTRACKER.com (the "Website"), owned and operated by Dogpatch Media, LLC, a California limited liability company (hereafter referred to sometimes as "Dogpatch", "WeedTracker", "we" or "us"). The terms "You", "you" or "your" refer to you, the user. In order to make your experience a positive one, we need you to take a few minutes and review our Community Guidelines & Rules (the "Rules"). By using any feature of the Website, you agree to be bound and hereby do accept all the Rules. Registration for forum users is free; however, all users must meet the following requirements:
- All users must be 18 years of age or older
- All user accounts must register with a unique and valid email address
- Registration from encrypted sources, anonymous re-mailers, or proxy servers is prohibited.
- Registration from and/or use of a TOR program or anonymous server is prohibited
- Registration of username may not include any email addresses or websites
- Registration is limited to one account per patient
Please note: Upon your initial registration with you will be UNABLE to start ANY new threads in ANY forums. You will be allowed to start new threads once you have been an active member for 7 calendar days and had 10 posts. You CAN however, start a new thread in the "New User Introductions" forum however, posts in that forum do not count towards your 10. If you are not 18 years of age or do not meet these requirements, please leave now.
Part 1: The Website Rules for All Members
- Inappropriate Discussion Topics: Public & Private
- I. No Inappropriate Content towards Others
- Disclosure of Personal Information: Names, Ages, Addresses, Phone Numbers, Descriptions, Photographs, etc.
- Sexist, racist or other derogatory subject matter.
- Flaming or attacking other members.
- Discussion of any illegal activity.
- Posts that contain private communication– including but not limited to Private Messages, Reputation Comments, and Infractions.
- Posts that state or implies that any user is a LEO or DEA.
- Posts that are off-topic and/or bumping and adding no content.
- Posts that contain threats to another user or co-op.
- Posts that contain excessive use of foul language and/or obscene content- including but not limited to graphics and photos.
- Harassment via Private Message, Visitor Profile Message, or Reputation Comment
- II. No Inappropriate Content towards Co-Ops
- Posts that theorize why any co-op was raided.
- Posts that state or suggest that a co-op deserves to be shut down
- Posts that state or suggest that a co-op deserves or deserved to be raided.
- III. No Inappropriate Content towards the Board and Staff
- Public contempt for the Rules and Staff.
- Questioning Board Rules or Moderators Decisions
- No discussion or postings of sites similar to the Website or sites that provide similar services.
- No discussion of the business practices of Dogpatch Media, LLC. or the Website
- Failure to comply with a Moderator or Administrator's request
Our Interpretation of Inappropriate Content:
The rules contained in the Inappropriate Content sections exist to promote and maintain a positive and safe forum environment. We want to respect our users privacy by not allowing the disclosure of personal information. We also will not allow posts that are deemed inflammatory to other members, especially based on race, gender, ethnicity, or any other derogatory subject matter. General insults and personal attacks are not welcomed here, nor are accusations of LEO associations or insinuations that any collective deserves to be raided. Additionally, personal attacks and public contempt against the Rules, Staff, or the Board are not permissible. Inappropriate content can and often will be edited and/or deleted. Many users are lulled by an erroneous belief that their posts and actions are protected by the First Amendment- this is simply not the case. There is no freedom of speech on virtually all private internet forums. Censorship will occur to nurture a healthy and fair discussion atmosphere. Registration on this site is your agreement to follow the Terms of Service. If at anytime you have questions or concerns about this material we encourage you to contact the support center or contact a Moderator privately. We will be happy to assist you.
- IV. Discussion of Manufacturing Concentrates and Growing
- Yes discussion of growing cannabis is allowed within specified forums.
- No discussion of making concentrates is allowed- including hash and tinctures.
- No trading, selling clones
- No selling or offering to sell your harvest
- No seed selling or trading
Our Interpretation of Growing and Concentrate Discussion
WeedTRACKER.com is not a growing website. However we do provide a small and limited discussion of growing your own Medical Marijuana. Failure to follow the rules for the growing forum will result in a loss of privileges. Please, no solicitation.
- V. Rules for Patients Reviewing Co-Ops
- No advocating or referencing one co-op in another co-op's forum.
- No discussions or reviews of co-ops not listed on The Website.
- No postings of menus for a co-op unless you are a declared representative.
- No continuous harassment towards a co-op
- No 'hot or not' type posts regarding employees
Following the Rules for Reviewing Co-Ops will allow for better communication between patients and caregivers, as well as reduce spam and fights between rival Co-Ops. Please post only about a Co-Op in its specific location. Referencing/advocating one Co-Op in another Co-Op's forum, either positively or negatively, is not allowed as we consider this to be spam. Referencing/advocating another co-op in one co-op's forum does not have to explicitly state the name of a co-op for it to be a violation. Additionally, continuous harassment towards a Co-Op is prohibited. Harassment issues include, but are not limited to, business or personal disputes, disputes over policies such as patient age limits (21+), threatening messages, repeated or duplicate postings regarding one issue such as price bashing, and so on. If harassment occurs we ask that both parties try to work the situation out via Private Message.
- VI. No Solicitation, Classifieds and/or Items for Sale
- No request of any sales by any user- including but not limited to the sale of bongs, vaporizers, seeds, and equipment.
- No request of vendors of any kind by any co-op or user.
- No request for co-op employment/volunteer positions of any kind by any co-op or user.
- No offers/requests for donations or trading of medication products by any co-op or patient.
- No requests or posts to solicit help to open a co-op.
- No outside sales of any kind by any co-op or user.
- Our Interpretation of No Solicitation, Classifieds and/or Items for Sale
We do not allow any items of any kind to be sold on the website. This includes offers of trading meds for services or other items. No requests for donations. The site is not to be used to aid in the creation of a co-op participating in sales and monetary transactions. All posts of this nature will be deleted and infracted. Repeated violations may result in a permanent ban.
- VII. Rules for Vendor Users
- All vendors must declare their vending status by selecting "Yes" in the vendor profile field.
- Vendors may only use the vendors forums (Clones & Edibles) to discuss and announce their products' location.
- All vendor product discussion must be related to co-ops listed on The Website.
- Vendors are not allowed to advertise, spam, or solicit their products through posts/pm's, rep system or their profiles.
Our Interpretation of Rules for Vendor Users
All Vendors must declare themselves as such. Due to an excess of shilling, solicitation, and other inappropriate behavior Vendors are not allowed to post reviews in Co-Op forums. However, Vendors may use the vendor forums (Clones & Edibles) to discuss and announce the location of their products at specified WeedTRACKER listed Co-Ops. Solicitation and sales is prohibited (See the "No Classifieds and/or Items for Sale" section).
- VIII. Member Signature, Avatar Rules & Profile Fields
- No reference to any caregiver/collective of any kind- including but not limited to names, addresses, phone numbers, specials, and deals.
- No trademarked or copyrighted material
- No obscene or derogatory content, either text or graphic.
Our Interpretation of Member Signature, Avatar Rules & Profile Fields
The Member Signature and Avatar Rules exist to minimize spam and unwanted advertising (this includes profile fields such as location and user title). In order to maintain a safe posting environment we do not permit the use of inflammatory and/or obscene graphics or text. Signatures should also be of a modest size and should not throw the page out of alignment. Continuous failure to follow these rules will result in a loss of signature and avatar privileges.
Part 2: The Website Rules for Co-Op Members
- IX. Co-Op Membership Rules
- No advocating or mentioning one club in another club's forums.
- Advertisements and menus may only be posted in a Co-Op's forum, the "Deals Offered by Co-Ops" forum, the "Clones" forum, in the Co-Op Photo Menu section, or listed in your own user profile
- No co-op may have more than one user name per volunteer.
- All co-op employees MUST register themselves as a co-op.
- All co-ops must register their username and volunteer's usernames with the Website within 10 days of sign up.
Our Interpretation of Co-Op Membership Rules
Rules for Co-Op members are enforced to help keep the forums clear of unwanted advertising. Going into another Co-Op's forum to advertise your product is not only in poor taste but is considered spam. Therefore, Co-Op users may not post reviews of other Co-Op services. The appropriate locations to post your menus and advertisements are in your forum, the "Deals Offered by Co-Ops" forum, and your Photo Menu section. If you have more than one Co-Op, you must have a unique user name for each Co-Op. All Co-Ops must register their username and volunteer usernames with the Website within 10 days of signing up, failure to do so may result in your account being suspended or banned.
- X. Spamming and Shilling
- Co-Ops must obtain a forum in order to discuss their services
- No unsolicited advertisements sent to patients- including but not limited to forum messages, Private Messages, Reputation Comments, Blog Entries, and Visitor Profile Messages.
- Co-Ops are prohibited from sharing a computer with any non-co-op user.
- Posts made in the Multiple User Detector forum will not be deleted.
- No Co-Op product reviewing by Co-Op owners/volunteers, product vendor, or paid/compensated reviewers.
Our Interpretation of Spamming and Shilling
Spam. No one likes it. So don't do it. How do we define shilling and spam?:
Shilling: an associate of a person (Co-Op) reviewing or posting about goods or medicine that does not announce that association and assumes the air of an enthusiastic customer to stimulate the market and/or reputation of said person (Co-Op).
Spam: unsolicited, unwarranted and/or unapproved advertising which is similar to shilling. Spam is also considered a willful act or post which sometimes has malicious intent to either annoy, bump post count, troll, and such acts. Please see: ADDITIONAL SPAM POLICY located below for more details.
Due to an abundance of shilling we do not allow Co-Ops that provide public computer access to log onto our site. If a Co-Op trips the Multiple User Detector with non-coop usernames you will receive an infraction and the accounts will be banned from that co-op's forum and/or site. Repeated violations will result in a ban. Also note that posts made by the Multiple User Detector will not be deleted under any circumstance.
- XI. Co-Op Signature Rules
- All co-op users must have "I volunteer for " in the signature box.
- No co-op information such as addresses, deals, phone numbers, or specials are permitted.
- No photos, images, or any graphics related to collective advertisements.
Our Interpretation of Co-Op Signature Rules
In order to help identify and associate Co-Op accounts with Co-Op forums all Co-Op users must have the tag line "I volunteer for ___", or "I am affiliated with ____", in their signature. Co-Ops may post a link to their WeedTRACKER Photo Menu Section or their WeedTRACKER Menu thread in their signature, but other Co-Op information such as graphics and non-WeedTRACKER advertisement web-links are prohibited. Again, this rule was implemented to reduce unwanted advertising.
- XII. Rules for Posting Deals
- No menu posting
- 5 items per thread
- 5 threads per Collective per week (7 days)
- Announcements only, no replies
- No editing, request an edit from a mod
- Thread contains collective's location or forum link
Our Interpretation of Rules for Posting Deals
All posts in the "Deals Offered by Co-Ops" forum must conform to the guidelines. Co-Ops may not abuse the "Deals" forum by including but not limited to- the posting of menus, exceeding weekly post limits, and posting more than 5 items per thread. Continuous abuse of the Deals forum will result in an infraction and/or loss of access to said forum.
Part 3: LEGAL
MODIFICATIONS TO THESE RULES.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter the Rules at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof. You must review the Rules on a regular basis to keep yourself apprised of any changes. You can find the most recent version of the the Rules at:
RESERVATION OF RIGHTS.
We reserve the right to remove any user, co-op or post for any reason at any time. If you feel you’ve found a post that is objectionable, please report it to the staff using the report bad post button (the red triangle in the post-bit of the user who made the post), doing that will alert the staff to the problem post and appropriate action will be taken to resolve the issue. We will not remove any post at the request of a Co-Op, when the reason is because a users post is negative towards that Co-Op. Opinions on Co-Ops are what the Website is all about, and users are allowed to freely express them. We will only remove a post about a co-op of it violates our terms of service. All content is Copyright 2006 & 2007 Dogpatch. The name "WeedTRACKER" and the "Ganja Radar Logo" are trademarks ® of Dogpatch and may not be used without written permission. Any content you submit becomes our property once it is posted in the forums, reviews, menus or any other part of Website that accepts user submissions. NO PART OF THE WEBSITE MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED IN ANY FORM WITHOUT THE PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT OF DOGPATCH.
You understand that all postings, messages, text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, or other materials (the "Content") posted on, transmitted through, linked from or relating to the Services, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. More specifically, you are entirely responsible for each individual item ("Item") of Content that you post, email or otherwise make available via the Services. You understand that we do not control, and are not responsible for Content you or any third party posts on the Website, and that by using the Website, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise objectionable. Furthermore, the Website and Content available through the Website may contain links to other websites, which are completely independent of us. We make no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or authenticity of the information contained in any such site. Your linking to any other websites is at your own risk. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, that you may not rely on said Content, and that under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise made available via the Website. You acknowledge that we do not pre-screen or approve Content, but that we shall have the right (but not the obligation) in our sole discretion to refuse, delete or move any Content that is available via the Website, for violating the letter or spirit of the Rules or for any other reason.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT, SITES, AND SERVICES.
The Content available through the Website may contain features and functionalities that may link you or provide you with access to third party content which is completely independent of us, including web sites, directories, servers, networks, systems, information and databases, applications, software, programs, products or services, and the Internet as a whole. Your interactions with organizations and/or individuals found on or through the Website, including payment and delivery of goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such organizations and/or individuals. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or offline transaction with any of these third parties.
You agree that we shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings. If there is a dispute between participants on this site, or between users and any third party, you understand and agree that we are under no obligation to become involved. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other users, you hereby release The Website.com, Dogpatch Media, LLC, and their officers, employees, agents and successors in rights from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and/or our service. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor."
NOTIFICATION OF CLAIMS OF INFRINGEMENT.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please notify our agent ("Agent") for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement, at:
660 4th Street #347
San Francisco, Ca. 94107
Please provide our Agent with the following Notice:
- Identify the material on the Website that you claim is infringing, with enough detail so that we may locate it Website;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you declaring under penalty of perjury that: (1) the above information in your Notice is accurate, and (2) that you are the owner of the copyright interest involved or that you are authorized to act on behalf of that owner;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address; and
- Your physical or electronic signature.
we will remove the infringing posting(s), subject to the procedures outlined in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
ADDITIONAL SPAM POLICY.
You understand and agree that sending unsolicited email advertisements to email recipients or users of the Services or through our computer systems, which is expressly prohibited by these Rules, will use or cause to be used servers located in California. Any unauthorized use of our computer systems is a violation of the Rules and certain federal and state laws, including without limitation the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (18 U.S.C. § 1030 et seq.), Section 502 of the California Penal Code and Section 17538.45 of the California Business and Professions Code. Such violations may subject the sender and his or her agents to civil and criminal penalties.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.
YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THE WEBSITE is ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE is PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" OR "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR THE SECURITY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, ACCURACY, AND PERFORMANCE OF THE WEBSITE AND THE SERVICES. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DOGPATCH DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR OTHER SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON THE WEBSITE, OR ACCESSED THROUGH ANY LINKS ON THE WEBSITE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES FOR VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing disclaimers may not apply to you insofar as they relate to implied warranties.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (EVEN IF DOGPATCH HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM ANY ASPECT OF YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE FROM USE OR MISUSE OF THE WEBSITE, FROM INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE, OR THE INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION, MODIFICATION, ALTERATION, OR TERMINATION OF THE WEBSITE. SUCH LIMITATION SHALL ALSO APPLY WITH RESPECT TO DAMAGES INCURRED BY REASON OF OTHER SERVICES OR PRODUCTS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE OR ANY LINKS ON THE WEBSITE, AS WELL AS BY REASON OF ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE OR ANY LINKS ON THE WEBSITE. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In some jurisdictions, limitations of liability are not permitted. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing limitation may not apply to you.
You agree to indemnify and hold Dogpatch Media, LLC, and its officers, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, directors, officers, agents, service providers, suppliers and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney fees and court costs, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post or make available through the Website, your use of the Website, your violation of the Rules, your breach of any of the representations and warranties herein, or your violation of any rights of another.
These Rules constitutes the entire agreement between you and us and govern your use of the Website, superseding any prior agreements between you and us. The Rules and the relationship between you and us shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You agree that any controversy between the parties hereto involving any claim arising out of or relating to a breach of these Rules shall be submitted to and be settled by final and binding arbitration in the City and County of San Francisco, California, in accordance with the then current Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (the “AAA"). The arbitrator shall determine a prevailing party. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Website or the Rules must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
VIOLATION OF TERMS AND LIQUIDATED DAMAGES.
Please report any violations of the Rules, by sending them to:
Dogpatch Media, LLC
660 4th Street #347
San Francisco, Ca. 94107
Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. You understand and agree that, because damages are often difficult to quantify, if it becomes necessary for us to pursue legal action to enforce the Rules, you will be liable to pay the following amounts as liquidated damages, which you accept as reasonable estimates of our damages for the specified breaches of the Rules:
- If you post a message that: (1) impersonates any person or entity; (2) falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity; or (3) that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person's explicit consent, you agree to pay us one thousand dollars ($1,000) for each such message. This provision does not apply to messages that are lawful non-deceptive parodies of public figures.
- If we establish limits on the frequency with which you may access or use the Services, or terminates your access to or use of the Services, you agree to pay us one hundred dollars ($100) for each message posted in excess of such limits or for each day on which you access the Website in excess of such limits, whichever is higher.
- If you send unsolicited email advertisements to our users or through our computer systems, you agree to pay us twenty five dollars ($25) for each such email.
- If you post Content in violation of the Rules, other than as described above, you agree to pay us one hundred dollars ($100) for each Item of Content posted. In its sole discretion, we may elect to issue a warning before assessing damages.
- If you are a Posting Agent that uses the Website in violation of the Rules, in addition to any liquidated damages under clause (d), you agree to pay us one hundred dollars ($100) for each and every Item of Content posted in violation of the Rules. A Posting Agent will also be deemed an agent of the party engaging the Posting Agent to access the Services (the "Principal"), and the Principal (by engaging the Posting Agent in violation of the Rules) agrees to pay us an additional one hundred dollars ($100) for each Item of Content posted by the Posting Agent on behalf of the principal in violation of the Rules.
- If you aggregate, display, copy, duplicate, reproduce, or otherwise exploit for any purpose any Content (except for your own Content) in violation of the Rules without our express written permission, you agree to pay us three thousand dollars ($3,000) for each day on which you engage in such conduct. Otherwise, you agree to pay our actual damages, to the extent such actual damages can be reasonably calculated. Notwithstanding any other provision of the Rules, we retain the right to seek the remedy of specific performance of any term contained in the Rules, or a preliminary or permanent injunction against the breach of any such term or in aid of the exercise of any power granted in the Rules, or any combination thereof.
REFUNDS & CANCELATIONS.
All refunds for advertising paid for on WeedTRACKER.com are handled on a case by case basis, and are subject to the terms of this agreement. Violations of these terms may result in no refund being given. If at anytime you wish to cancle your advertising, request a refund or close your user account, you must contact our support department at the url listed below (see: SUPPORT & HELP) and we will assist you as quickly as possible.
SUPPORT & HELP.
If you have a problem with the Rules or a question about them, please submit a support ticket (http://www.weedtracker.com/support/) and we will address your problem and help you the best we can. Thank you for using WeedTRACKER.com and we hope you enjoy your experience while you’re here.
*Last Updated: [ 11.10.10 ]